StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 DL1000

Hey guys,

I have had an unholy bitch of a time with my TPS ever since I installed it two years ago. It's never EVER read correctly, no matter how much tweaking I do to it. The bike has only run for about 2500 miles over the past two years since I installed the new TPS, and I'm reasonably confident that it's the source of all my fueling and fuel economy woes (I've bought and installed stock pipes and unplugged the power commander to no avail, still the same awful popping and stuttering and still 35 mpg).

EVERY time that I think I have it, every time that it starts to come off of the center line at around 1500 RPM (and I tighten it down and confirm it does the same after tightening), a few throttle turns later and it's back to sticking on the high hash mark. Is it possible or likely that my TPS unit itself was bad when I purchased it? I guess anything is possible, but does it seem likely? Has anyone else had this kind of frustration in trying to tune their TPS?

:furious::furious::furious:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The most common problem with a new TPS is not taking the old O-ring off the throttle body and adding the O-ring on the new TPS in the mix. A double O-ring causes problems.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, screw me sideways, that was it. It's now perfect. Two years of frustration and it all came down to one tiny little seal. Oops.

Thanks, Pat!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts