StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gang,

I've been lurking here for awhile and the time has finally come to check these out in person. Not a ton of good looking used ones here right now (as usual) so I'm going to check out an '11 and '12 at the shop tomorrow. The 0% financing has sucked me in.... With any luck I'll be commuting to work on my new wee next week.

The main plan is to save some miles on my Superduke. I love that bike, but I feel bad now that I'm commuting 50 miles/day. That also means that I am refueling, changing oil, and checking valve clearances WAY too often.

I'll post an update after I've test ridden tomorrow....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never did make it down to the shop yesterday, since I found a pretty solid deal on a 2008 model. I drove down and test rode the bike after work yesterday, and I must say that I am quite impressed. The owner has a 17T countershaft sprocket on it, so it is a bit slow off the line, but it cruises at freeway speeds quite well. I can see myself doing some suspension work down the road, but for my current needs, it is great! I'm getting a loan for the amount that I'm short and will be picking up the bike next week. I'll take pics once I get it. :hurray::hurray::hurray:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good to hear. I am looking at a 2011 and 2012. Cant decide. Not many used ones for sale. That should tell you something. I remember looking for my Harley V-Rod there were a ton of sportsters there.... Congrats!

Sean

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few more days and it will be mine. My garage has been organized and my Superduke is currently parked next to my battery tender. I should have it either Wed or Fri, depending on seller's schedule complications. :thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I picked her up today. Not a great pic, but I had to snap one once I got her loaded up. First commute on it tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day two commute to work was great. I'm starting to get a feel for the bike, though I need some time in the twisties to really get a handle on it. Pretty darned easy to ride, and doesn't make me want to do bad things like my KTM does.... Probably a good thing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations on a cool bike. I considered that one myself but found one closer.
Pretty easy one to recognize, eh? Still not 100% sold on the "caution tape" paint scheme, but it's easy enough to paint/replace plastic. The seller was great and the bike seems solid thus far. I'm still trying to figure out which of the 4 windshields to stick with. :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts