StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand new 09 Wee (200 miles) has been parked for the last 3 days and this morning I noticed a small oil stain approx. 2 inches diameter on the concrete below the bike. Upon further inspection I looked where it was coming from and I saw a few drips of oil on the rear spring and lower spring mount. Is this normal maybe the seal has to break in a bit or should I take it in to the dealer. The only reason I ask is that I am a fair ways from the dealer and I don't want to make an uneccessary trip if this is normal.
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Nothing should ever be leaking. Give it good wipe down and take it for a ride. Then have a close look to see what's going on. Are you sure it's not just chain lube getting flung all over the place? There are only a few things that can leak in the back end; the rear brake reservior, the brakes themselves, or the shock. It seems unlikely that either would be the problem on a new bike, but stranger things have happened.

SS

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The rear cam chain adjuster is in the vicinity. It has been on leak reports before.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
30k miles and never a single drop of oil. Perhaps a call to the dealer prior to arriving would be appropriate. Sounds like the trip in inevitable, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts