StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what the story is why it never sold? Must be cause its not a 1000.... :p

·
Registered
14,455 Posts
Yah, my early version factory bags ate the big one in a get off. They work great until you test their mettle.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Am I just suspicious or what? The exhaust pipe is discolored from heat?
New doesn't necessarily mean unused or never started. All new means it has not been titled. It could have been a demo bike, it could have been test ridden, it could have simply been started several hundred times over the years to drive it to the front of the building for display.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seems odd that with 30 pictures, they didn’t take one of the odometer to show the mileage.
I’m not sure that they are a Suzuki dealer? May have been registered before and therefore the factory warranty may have run out.

Bustednuklz

·
Registered
27 Posts
I checked their actual website and it is definitely not a Suzuki or any other brand dealer. A generic shop that deals with used bikes. More photos on their website and one of the dash but not turned on so again no confirmation of actual mileage.
No talk of warranty other then their own 3 year extended warranties they offer. Price seems way too high but these types of dealers usual expect a lot of negotiation too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm not sure about that bike, but there are two similar ones at Ready Powersports in Mississauga, 2013 650s with full luggage and some other farkles, never sold. Those two came from a bankrupt dealer in Brampton.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I'm not sure about that bike, but there are two similar ones at Ready Powersports in Mississauga, 2013 650s with full luggage and some other farkles, never sold. Those two came from a bankrupt dealer in Brampton.
I don't know how they are moving any units since they prices are crazy high.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know how they are moving any units since they prices are crazy high.
I thought that myself. I was interested in one of them, but they weren't willing to move at all on them. So my darling bride continues to ride her Kawiasaki.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Am I just suspicious or what? The exhaust pipe is discolored from heat?
My currency converter has it at $5,886 USD: $8,916 AUS: €5,138 EUR
It's not unikely that it has been demoed over the last seven years.
Aha! I think I see why it hasn't sold. It's because the "dual front disc 'breaks.'" I'm sure that once the brakes are fixed, it will be safe to ride.
Send your check in my name for the full amount including your local taxes and fees and I'll try to buy it for you after the covid-19 pandemic.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Shoot. I paid $8k USD in 2014 for a DL650A. Zero (and I mean 0) miles. Came right outta the box. $6k for the 7-year-old bike seems a bit high. Warranty? Recalls?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I thought that myself. I was interested in one of them, but they weren't willing to move at all on them. So my darling bride continues to ride her Kawiasaki.
Good decision. Let them have it for another 7 years. Are you still looking for one?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good decision. Let them have it for another 7 years. Are you still looking for one?
My wife would like one, but we'll probably wait until next season unless a remarkably good deal comes along. With two kids in school, the toy budget gets a lot smaller.

·
Registered
15 Posts
not brand new. 7+ years old.
In Late October 2019 I paid $7500 for a brand new left over never titled DL1000. might be 6 years old but it was not assembled till 2018. Thats new to me- no miles, no wear, no issues. Full warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts