StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front brakes were showing signs of being old and tired so after doing some research, I settled on new pads and rotors from EBC. The pads are their HH units and the rotors are the Vee discs. Once installed and bled i took the bike out for a ride to do the break-in via EBC. I now have fabulous front brake feel and feedback vs the spongy lever feel of the old brakes. The front brake requires less force applied at the lever for quicker stops so my index finger can now apply strong braking to the front wheel. The EBC kit has made the bike(non ABS) easier to stop.

·
Administrator
16,788 Posts
Do Blairs caliper upgrade and take it to a whole other level. :fineprint:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Caliper upgrade

Brian,
How and where did you pick up the new calipers? I see them on E-bay but it seems to me that there must be a better way than picking up someone's used calipers.
Thanks,
Sandman152

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I went with the SV Racing adapter brackets and spent a few weeks watching for calipers. I finally came across some Nissins from a Honda cbr600F4i. They looked to be almost new and I got them for $75. I put on some new pads and they are much better than stock. Money we'll spent. Take your time.....something will come up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts