StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to order rear brakesw for my 05 wee. I think that i got them hot at the ERC and they dont seem to be gripping anymore. Probably glazed over. So anyway. I know of people talking about EBC brakes, but i cant seem to find a place to order them. Ill take suggestions on differant kinds as well. Im always out to save a buck, but not comprise dependibility. Thanks jason

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
If there is plenty of pad material remaining, you can put a piece of fine sandpaper on a flat surface and lightly sand the brake pad across that to remove a glaze. If the pads are really cooked, toss them. If the rotors have melted pad material on them (and it is often very hard to see), you can lightly sand the rotors. If you got the brakes really hot, the heat damages the brake fluid and new fluid is needed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If there is plenty of pad material remaining, you can put a piece of fine sandpaper on a flat surface and lightly sand the brake pad across that to remove a glaze. If the pads are really cooked, toss them. If the rotors have melted pad material on them (and it is often very hard to see), you can lightly sand the rotors. If you got the brakes really hot, the heat damages the brake fluid and new fluid is needed.
Wow, thanks for that info. Im going to go pull the pads and give it a light sanding right now, there probably a 1/4-1/8 inch of material left on the pad, so ill give that a shot till i order some new ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts