StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brake pads would y'all recommend as a stock-replacement? I've heard the stock Strom pads described as "wooden," even though the brakes are a radical upgrade from the BMW Airhead that I rode for years.

Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I just put on a set of the EBC "HH" pads. They seem to have better bite. I did install braided steel lines at the same time so that may have helped.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can anyone explain to me just what the difference between the HH and the Sintered pads are? Is one better than the other? Should I care? what comes stock?

I suspect this might be a bit of a loaded question :).

thanks.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Did you use SS front and rear?

·
Registered
416 Posts
No only front. I don't use rear brake that much and saw no need. didn't put them on the rear of the FJR either. Most of the guys Iknow only do front. Most of your brake fade comes from the front cuz you use them more. I put on the EBC HH from recommendations of other riders I know and the shop people who use them. Guess its like oil threads.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Can anyone explain to me just what the difference between the HH and the Sintered pads are? Is one better than the other? Should I care? what comes stock?

I suspect this might be a bit of a loaded question :).

thanks.
The HH pads have a higher coefficient of friction than stock pads.

EBC has a blurb about sintered pads vs organic on their website.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Did you buy ready made SS lines, and where? I will try the HH pads.

Fourvalve - I think almost every dealer that I've seen stocks EBC.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Adv. Moto had the SS briaded lines with extra length. When I was there at the Strom gathering all they had was SS no colors. I got black for what its worth which is nothing.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Best price I've seen on the EBC HH pads was at oneidasuzuki.com.

WOW what a difference... I haven't done the braided steel lines yet. Just the pads were enough to turn my front brakes from "two fingers" into "one finger" sensitive. Now I'm wondering if I don't need stiffer springs up from b/c the front dives much harder under serious braking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts