StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 DL1000 13,500 miles. Rear pads looked worn down, put on a new set. Front pads looked a little thin so I got new sets for up front, Parts Unlimited HH, $80 for both sides, not cheap. The new set dosent look any thicker than the old set I want to replace. Is it that the ones on there now havnt worn that much? I use the front brakes hard, so they havnt been getting a free ride. The little metal keeper tang is about 1/8th away from the rotor, the piston is visible but not bad, theres still a lot groove depth in the pads. I just expected a lot more pad on the new set. Should I replace them anyways seeing as its been 13,500 miles?

I also got them iridium plugs, they have the one bent tang for the arc to jump to center. The stock plugs got the fancy set up where it looks like a lot better path for the spark to fly to center, what up with that?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Dual plug electrodes still only fire off one or the other. The duals may give the impression they are a better design but they aren't really much of an improvement. The Iridium plugs wear much better due to better materials.

1/8" is a lot of pad material. as long as there isn't metal to metal contact, the brakes work fine. The grooves are wear indicators. The pads don't need to be replaced until the grooves are gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts