StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had a left fork seal leak, appears the seal saver/film technique worked and the leak has stopped. Unfortunately I think the left brake pads may have been contaminated (haven't disassembled yet). Question is, is there any way to DE-contaminate/clean the pads? Also, if I end up replacing them, is it better to replace both sets so they wear evenly? They appear to have some service left on them. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
No.
Yes.

If they're oil soaked, they're junk. Replace both sets. EBC-HH or Galfer-HH are favorites.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Discard Contaminated Brake Pads right away,

PT Rider is 100% right on this, Once get fork Oil Brake Fluid, or mistakenly spray the brake pads with Brake Cleaner they are contaminate and it is a real mistake to ride on them after that,

Replace the pair and be happy, Well worth it for your safety and piece of mind,

Let me know if I can help you out,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Thanks PTrider! Thats what I needed to know, gonna do this tomorrow!
:thumbup:
Let's do a ride in your area some day. Plan the start to match the timing of the Keystone (now Coupeville) ferry. There are a goodly number of strom troopers in the north sound area. We can also consider a group for the On Street Course training in Everett.

By the way, Blair at svracingparts.com out of Blaine, is a great resource for some parts and great SV & DL knowledge.

·
Registered
111 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts