StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
No doubt there are cheaper, and I know there are more expensive, but I like the 3rd Brake Light Flasher. They make 3 models, and you can see a comparison of features in the link.

I use and like the G1. It allows me to define 3 different flashing configurations for regular, medium, and hard braking, and I can adjust g-force thresholds for what qualifies as medium and hard braking.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Forgot to add: if your brake flasher doesn't come with the proper connectors to easily plug into your existing wiring, and if you don't want to modify your existing wiring, consider an Eastern Beaver Brake/Tail/Signal adapter.

I use one on my '15 650. Not sure if there are different connectors for the 2017, so might want to check with EB before buying.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to add: if your brake flasher doesn't come with the proper connectors to easily plug into your existing wiring, and if you don't want to modify your existing wiring, consider an Eastern Beaver Brake/Tail/Signal adapter.

I use one on my '15 650. Not sure if there are different connectors for the 2017, so might want to check with EB before buying.
Cool, thanks all for the info., think I'll check with EB, really like the plug and play option....

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
+1 for the Signal Dynamics Back-Off modulators. Several options. You can get them from AdventureTech.biz

I left my stock brake light alone, but added an LED lighted license plate frame. It has amber left and right signals, a red light bar (with low/running and high/brake), and white license plate illumination.

I picked up a used Back-Off Wig-Wag modulator and wired it up to the low and high red light bar of the license plate frame only. So under normal running the red license plate light is off and when the brake light activates it blinks between low and high beam a few times, then goes into its alternating on/off blink - constant on cycle.

Looks great and really catches your attention, while the stock brake sends the constant light signal that drivers are used to seeing.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Grimmer's post reminded me: I started with just a brake flasher on the stock tail / brake light of my '15 650. Wasn't particularly impressive nor noticeable to my eyes.

I then switched to an LED 1157 bulb, which helped. But it was still just OK.

When I added an aux brake light...wow...now THAT was striking! Lots of options for aux brake lights from stupendously cheap to fairly expensive and everywhere in between.

On the inexpensive, but not cheap, side of things I'm fond of the Abrams Edge ($28), and Whelen LIN3 (~$25 used on eBay).

In fact, one of my winter projects is to add two spread-out Whelen LIN3s to run as tail / steady-on brake lights, to augment my flashing Abrams Edge aux brake light. The LIN3s + stock light will form an upside-down triangle of tail / running lights and a steady-on triangle of brake lights, while on braking the Abrams will go from off to flashing, somewhere in the middle of the triangle.

Overkill? Probably. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I installed and Admore light bar this evening. Very bright brake light and gives a triple pulse when you activate the brakes. On the turn signals it gives a tracer flash indicating your intended direction. (like a 65 T Bird)
https://admorelighting.com/product/admore-smt-light-bar-small/

That price is in Cdn

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
This thread reminded me that I bought one a few years back but never installed it. I think I'll pull my finger out and fit it to my top box stop light.

I'm not sure that they are legal here in Oz.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Smart Brake System

I was looking for a way to signal to traffic behind that I am slowing down yet not using the brakes.
An accelerometer device seems to be the answer so I bought a Smart Brake System.
The brake light will be triggered upon deceleration.
You can also choose flashing mode to distinguish from actually applying brakes.

P.S.
I’ve just completed the install and started a new thread HERE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts