StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 DL1000. So many brake light flashers to choose from. Which is the best one for my bike?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flasher

Thanks, but I'm hoping to find just the "black box" that works with the stock lights, not a whole other additional light

·
Farkle Purchasing System
1,616 Posts
I've been thinking of adding one of the various Signal Dynamics modules - just dreading the wiring work.

I need to look at Eastern Beaver's stuff. They may have some wiring harness extension or similar that would make the job easier.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been thinking of adding one of the various Signal Dynamics modules - just dreading the wiring work.

I need to look at Eastern Beaver's stuff. They may have some wiring harness extension or similar that would make the job easier.
Absolutely! I grabbed their harness for exactly this and it worked GREAT! No cutting of the existing wiring harness which is awesome.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The back-off product is really nice and you can find them at Richland Rick's web-site (www.adventuretech.biz).

·
Farkle Purchasing System
1,616 Posts
Absolutely! I grabbed their harness for exactly this and it worked GREAT! No cutting of the existing wiring harness which is awesome.
That ship sailed already - didn't know about EB or their adapter when I added some extra tail lighting a couple of years ago, so I spliced in extensions to the tail lighting harness the "hard" way.

Even so, the EB Version 2 Brake/Tail/Signal Adapter seems like the easiest way to add in a BackOff module.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a now-discontinued version (G1) of the 3rd Brake Flasher:

Brake Light Flasher - Flashing Brake Light at 3rd Brake Flasher

On my '15 DL650, the flasher on the stock light -- both with stock bulb and LED replacement bulb -- was underwhelming. So I went with an auxiliary brake light to which I connected the brake flasher.
I have the S1 model. It has 3 modes (slow/med/fast). No programming needed.

All these brake flashers work best with LED bulbs though, incandescents gradually light up and turn off, LEDs are instant.

I swapped the incandescent bulb in my DR650 to a high quality LED bulb, and I also added extra LED’s to my license plate and topcase. So I have one running light, and 5 flashing brake lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts