StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a technical question that google could not help with and I did search the forums for this. I have a bit of a concern about the SW-Motech bar backs I purchased. They seem to install just fine but the brake hose from the master cylinder is tight. There doesn't seem to be any movement in the hose from lock to lock, so that is good, but I wasn't sure if there was a minimum amount of slack required. I hate my local Suzuki dealer and don't want to ask them.

All the rest of the cables have plenty of slack. I had to re-route my clutch cable because I have Dan Vessels switch plate, but that wasn't a problem. I also torqued the risers to the necessary 16.5 lbs.

Here is a website to the part I am talking about - in case I am not making sense. I hope this is not a violation of the forum rules by posting this site. Click Here the item is #3.

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Same problem, but fixed

I had the same problem. So what I did is take the bolt #7 and clamp off and used a wire tie to hold the line in place. This give slack that is needed. The wire tie is not snugged but is a loop. Hope this helps. The other alternative of course is to replace the line with a new longer one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had the same problem. So what I did is take the bolt #7 and clamp off and used a wire tie to hold the line in place. This give slack that is needed. The wire tie is not snugged but is a loop. Hope this helps. The other alternative of course is to replace the line with a new longer one.
Thanks for the advice Bright Side but I guess I was looking at a non-abs schematic and I have the abs model. Here is the proper schematic and the problem hose is the #5. There is no joining bolt or any obvious way of creating slack. Basically I could fit maybe 6-9 sheets of paper between this hose and my triple tree (doesn't appear to be too much rubbing). I just need to know if the hose really doesn't twist or move too much, would it be fine if it is a little tight?

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts