StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to give my calipers a service. I pulled the pads and lubed the pins that the pads float on. I also used some brake cleaner on the rotor and cleaned around the piston as well. At one point I was pushing on the pads apart to try to compress the pistons and I must have been pulling on the caliper holder #12 and it popped right out of the rubber boots. I put it right back in and it seemed to be secure. So that leaves me with two questions. Is that part just supposed to pop out? I thought you had to unscrew it some how. I just wanted to be sure that pushing back in like I did is secure enough. Also the post that go into the boots were pretty well greased. Those aren't the floating pins that require the high temp caliper grease correct? This is the first time I've serviced the calipers so i want to to make sure I get it right.

I greased #6 and the single post on the back of #12, both with high temp caliper grease.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone..anyone..GW specifically..

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
I am sure the rubber must be over an edge to retain it

As long as its closed up weather proof you should be fine.

I have usually dissasembled it all , except pulling the piston out

Once in my life I think I actually trap significant air in there which acted a littl like a spring.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Not a problem. Lob a hunk of grease in there and pop it back on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts