StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone replaced the stock VStrom (1000) front brake calipers with a more powerful unit, (from a 1200 Bandit for example or something similiar).
I have found that the stock set-up is adequate for the job, but not much else, and having done a lot of mountain passes this summer fully loaded, the brakes were at times, barely up to the one job they're supposed to do.

cheers for any tips.

Stormy

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
try braided stainless lines if you haven't yet.they made a huge difference in feel and power.i'm really pleased with the results.the stock lines are about as good as that $6 garden hose for their flex and feedback.the galfer setup is what i mounted.your dealer can get it from tucker-rocky distributing.only place my dealer found it.i looked into caliper changes as i have access to some parts from other bikes,but the caliper mounting bolt layout really limits your choices.thought i had it made with a set of brembos from a duc but they won't mount up.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers!

Ok, I'll give the brake line change a go first, as if I still decide to replace the calipers later, I'll still need some brake lines anyway!

regards

Stormy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts