StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to add a back rest to my GIVI top case, which in itself is easy, but I would like that back rest to be available to not just the passenger but to the driver as well when there is no passenger.
My thought so far:
Some type of an extension system
On 2 rails possibly that run and collapse alongside the top case
Some type of locking mechanism to keep it locked when it's pulled out for the driver

Any thoughts on making this happen?

I see me heading to lowes this weekend to figure this out

·
Registered
856 Posts
seems like a rail that mounts with locking pins that is removeable would be your best bet. think like a trailer hitch, only facing the other direction. when you have a passenger, there would be a really short bar for them, then a longer bar for you when you didn't.

seems like it would be easier to come up with a backrest for the driver seperate, though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Low buck junkyard solution

Here is a craptastic-redneck-engineering solution. Go to a wrecking yard and get a headrest off a bucket a cage :biggrinjester:

you can always reshape it, recover it, drill it etc... and then of course throw it away and try again :green_lol:

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
If you catch this in time I'm selling a sliding backrest on ebay that could be made to work. The auction ends in a couple hours.
Item 130393373778

1 - 4 of 4 Posts