StromTrooper banner

Bozeman Area rides

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  notacop 
#1 ·
I am out here for the next month and have my VStrom with me. Looking for some great day rides - I can through a dart and get a great ride I know but looking for local intel. I am used to paved mountain roads and have a fair amount of experience on gravel/dirt improved (or mostly so) roads. Looking for day rides starting in Bozeman. If you local and want to ride with - great, but don't feel obligated.

#2 ·
That's a novel thought, go stay an extended period in an area and really see it. Ah, to be retired properly!
If you get over to Deer Lodge there is a model T museum of some note. I misses it when i was through there.
Montana Auto Museum,
1106 Main St
Deer Lodge, MT 59722

#4 ·
Highway 2 between Whitehall and Butte is a fun twisty ride.

Highway 12 between White Sulphur Springs and Townsend is a beautiful ride but is under construction right now and grooved up.

Hyalite canyon is a fun short ride. Moser Creek has some easy trails. There are some lookout that you can see the whole valley. If you have full crash protection, knobbies and want a challenge trail 451 is good off Moser.

Highway 86 through the Bridgers is a fun road.

There are good roads everywhere. I go out and explore all the time and find new place that are fun to ride on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.