StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the stock horn - actually, I am TRYING to replace the stock horn on my 2008 DL1000. I have the fairing removed, have begun the mounting and wiring of the new horn, and can't find the stock horn!! I know, it blows my mind too and you have no idea how embarrassed I am to have to post this question. If someone would enlighten me, I would be most grateful. By the way, I have been photographically documenting the process and will post the results when the job has been completed so others can learn from my slow by steady efforts. Many thanks.
:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Tucked way up behind the radiator. Look carefully and you'll find it.

I am replacing the stock horn - actually, I am TRYING to replace the stock horn on my 2008 DL1000. I have the fairing removed, have begun the mounting and wiring of the new horn, and can't find the stock horn!! I know, it blows my mind too and you have no idea how embarrassed I am to have to post this question. If someone would enlighten me, I would be most grateful. By the way, I have been photographically documenting the process and will post the results when the job has been completed so others can learn from my slow by steady efforts. Many thanks.
:confused:

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Push the little button on your handlebar.....it will become obvious quickly.:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I replaced mine with a compact air horn and I had to find out where the stock one was by using this great site! Don't feel bad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whoah is me

Sigh...

That is what I was afraid of. Yes, I already tooted my own horn :) while I shoved my head into the front end. I was hoping it wasn't where I thought it was! Thanks for delivering the bad news. The engineers don't make it easy on us, do they?

SO, does that mean I have to drop the entire radiator or can I just undo a bolt or two to get at it? Is the horn on the right side, the left, or in the middle? Probably smack in the middle, eh?? I don't mind just leaving the horn in place if I can just get to the cables I need to complete the rewiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts