StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I just purchased my first Vstrom DL650. I am so stoked to ride it in 10 days when all the paperwork and aftermarket stuff is installed. I bought the new Givi Trekker hard bags for it. I am coming from a Hayabusa and I am excited to take this bad boy on tours through Ma, Vt, Me, and Canada this summer!!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the cult, I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I had no idea his whole underground world of Strom riders was out here, this is insane!! It's kind of awesome though. The only concern I had about touring on my Strom was if it could handle riding 2 up with a bunch of stuff loaded onto it. Like I said I just came from a busa and had plenty of power for everything.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Welcome and as has been said before, more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. When I told my friends I was getting 50 thy kept talking about power loss etc. I have not missed it at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Change from busa

There are many reasons I am switching from a busa. I guess the most prominent reason is that I just came back from a 6 month bicycle trip around thailand, cambodia, malaysia, and indonesia. This trip has changed me on a molecular level. I have no desire to go as fast as that busa can go. I'm only 26 but I don't need an ego bike anymore. On a much more practical level, I want to travel across the country with all my camping gear and what not. It would be quite hard to do that on the busa. I hate riding the busa through town, it's almost as if you cant ride it slowly, hahahahaha. Anyways I have a hard time finding bad reviews on the wee, so I am looking forward to starting up my 09 wee in 10 days!

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's awesome! It's good to see another younger strom rider. I have only had mind for a bit more than a month but its a great bike for around town, I think you will find it a refreshing change.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Welcome to the nut house.

Congrats on the Wee, did you get the white one?

We are probably the biggest "underground" worldwide following of any bike :thumbup:

You will have no problem touring two up and loaded.
Just keep in mind that the Wee has a gearbox, use it.

Reports rate this bike as "the most competent all round bike available today".

Have fun (the rest of us Wee owners sure do :yesnod: )

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome!

No I got a brand new left over grey 09 with the aluminum looking GIVI trekker bags. I am currently looking for a way to mount my bicycle on the side with all my bags being attached. Where theres a will theres a way, ay? Yea it's awesome to see young guys like myself out there on bikes like this and not being jackasses on crazy sportbikes doing stupid shit like wheelies and what not. Anyways I went through that phase and I'm sure a lot of us did.

It is good to be part of this network!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the wee world. I'm a newbie two...just bought a 2011 in black on Wednesday. Previous bike a BMW K1200LT. Go figure. Anyway, love the 650 and the way it handles. Looking forward to many miles of pleasure.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Newbie here as well and read nothing negative about the Wee. Picking up a Wee tomorrow afternoon (2011 - Black). Put the down payment down today and pay the rest tomorrow. Dealer has to pick it up at another dealer about 100 miles away tomorrow morning. Should be picking it up around 3:30 or so tomorrow afternoon - MAN, I AM STOKED AS WELL!!! :thumbup:

Been riding a 1520cc Valkyrie and looking forward to seeing what the Wee can do....Oh yeah baby!

Congrats to you on your new ride brother.:hurray:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hell yeah,
New guy in the club is seriously making me second... or 15th guess my decision to sell my two bikes for a Harley. I'm going to slowly try to sell my wife on the idea of selling the Honda and keeping the Wee. I got history with this bike, and a lot of the history is what Swift is talking about. Long rides, camping, kickin it! I love this bike, and I know as much as I love that Road King, i'll feel like the wee was the girl that got away

Good choice Swift, and you're going to love it, especially since you kicked the ego to the side. I was 27 when I got mine, and it took a little while to throw my middle finger up to all my super sport riding buddies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome!

You guys rock!!!
I never had a community like this with my busa!
I went and dropped off my down payment today, saw her there in all her glory just sitting there waiting to be ridden!
I decided to stick with the stock windshield.
I am thinking about getting a cigarette lighter installed so I can run simple electronic things. Possibly a gps or other little things while camping.
Is this a good idea to go for it. ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also a new Wee owner and Stromtrooper myself.

Went in to see a used Wee and left with a new 2011 with 1 mile on it. Put 300 miles on it in 5 days and I am totally loving it. I am planning my upgrades now.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
You guys rock!!!
I never had a community like this with my busa!
I went and dropped off my down payment today, saw her there in all her glory just sitting there waiting to be ridden!
I decided to stick with the stock windshield.
I am thinking about getting a cigarette lighter installed so I can run simple electronic things. Possibly a gps or other little things while camping.
Is this a good idea to go for it. ?
I have the stock windshield, and three different helmets.
The buffeting is a helmet issue, not a screen issue [I get buffeted with one helmet, slightly with one of the others, and not at all with one of them].
However, if the need to change screen to suit a quality helmet happens, then change the screen, your head is more important.

Get TWO power sockets.
I got one, then found I sometimes on trips need to charge my phone at the same time the GPS needs to be charged while using it [I now have a double adapter for it but two sockets would have been better, I will fit a second one in time though].

1 - 19 of 19 Posts