StromTrooper banner

Bought a New White Wee today

1377 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  redbike72
I figured I would buy the last in the line so that I knew most of my goodies would transfer over for sure. I hope this bike will give me the great service my Red 05 did. The red 05 will be up for sale after the transfer of my major farkles.
I figured I would buy the last in the line so that I knew most of my goodies would transfer over for sure. I hope this bike will give me the great service my Red 05 did. The red 05 will be up for sale after the transfer of my major farkles.
See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,872 Posts
I guess you couldn't wait until the 2012 version... :mrgreen: Congrats, though... I am in the same situation as you now after (stupidly, might I add) selling my '09 early this year. I have to choose between an '11 or waiting it out until the 2012s arrive. Right now I am seriously leaning towards the 2012... That could change as left over '11's price may begin to drop in order to clear as the season comes to an end later in the fall. We'll have to see...

Congrats again, and enjoy...

Richard

· Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations! I've only had my Blue 04 for a year now, and love the ride. I'm hoping they don't get too wild with the changes for the 2012's.
Some reviews fault Suzuki for not making many drastic changes, but my thought is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If Suzuki had asked me, I have a small list of things they could have improved on, but all in all, its a great bike.

· Registered
392 Posts

I've got a new 2011 too, I like it better than the new one. If nothing else I'd still have to change the windsheild if I bought the new one, that vent thing on the top would drive me nuts. I look over the shield and having a double layer there would be bothersome (to me).

Bill H.

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 05 was and is dependable as a hammer. I just put 1380 miles on it last weekend during a trip down to West Virginia & she didn't burn a bit of oil. At 54K she runs like a top. I really am making this move to the new 2011 for the ABS feature. Next week the surgery begins in the garage to transfer parts from one to the other. This transfer will include the Madstad bracket & givi screen, Shock,Russell day long saddle, Aprilla mirrors & extenders,ram balls,LED tail light, bar backs,trunk, dog bones,heat controller, Gold wing pegs, dash shelf.
That pile of stuff would be way too many goodies to give up by waiting for the 2012.

· Registered
6,840 Posts
MOTOMAN BREAK IN

As a minimum get her warm and change oil and filter after 50 miles.

My last 3 bikes I did complete motoman and they turned out faster than conventional models, efficient well the Vee is 42 MPG, and not a drop of oil is consumed.

· Registered
729 Posts
Excellent choice. I commend you on the fine vintage of a most flavorful white that is sooo sweet! I just love mine, despite the fact that I have dropped it twice already. These bikes are so great to ride. So much fun!!! :beatnik:

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank You all, what is a motoman break in? Is that a BMW thing? I have never heard of it.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
I guess you couldn't wait until the 2012 version... :mrgreen: Congrats, though... I am in the same situation as you now after (stupidly, might I add) selling my '09 early this year. I have to choose between an '11 or waiting it out until the 2012s arrive. Right now I am seriously leaning towards the 2012... That could change as left over '11's price may begin to drop in order to clear as the season comes to an end later in the fall. We'll have to see...

Congrats again, and enjoy...

Richard
Richard,
As an external observer :) if I might comment, I think you're going to be making another mistake for the same reasons you sold the 2009.
The 2012 can be a great bike, but most likely it would have bugs and you would make a big deal out of every small issue you find out (since your expectations are higher than 2011, which is the same as 2009 with ABS).
I think the *logical* choice would be to go with the 2011. If you want the latest and greatest (=early adopter) then go with the 2012, but lower your expectations and get prepared to learn 'new' things on your own..

· Registered
2,537 Posts
Great choice! Congrats!
Here is the link to the Shiro Nakama Club:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/62952-white-vstrom-group.html

I see that you live in Long Island - maybe we can meet one day in NY/NJ/CT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.