StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bored, i got a few days off coming next week and they are expecting sun!

Any locals or travelers could suggest a hotel on the hop on hop off tour route?

https://www.trolleytours.com/boston/1-day-tour

I'd like to do the tour, the boat ride, go to the Garden for some Bruins stuff, and stop at one of the Cheers for grub and a pint.

Not looking to break the bank though :p

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
I'm bored, i got a few days off coming next week and they are expecting sun!

Any locals or travelers could suggest a hotel on the hop on hop off tour route?

https://www.trolleytours.com/boston/1-day-tour

I'd like to do the tour, the boat ride, go to the Garden for some Bruins stuff, and stop at one of the Cheers for grub and a pint.

Not looking to break the bank though :p
Everywhere in Boston is expensive. Always. Look for Air BnB or try Hotwire, Priceline, etc. Most hotels in the city are over $200 and next weekend is Columbus Day. Most stay north or west of the city. I live here and avoid the city. Take Uber to a hotel. The weather will be fantastic next week!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must admit, other than the tour thing, i'm quite lost when it comes to locate a hotel. I have no idea what's central to my needs.

I was looking at motel 6's site (not featured on big searching sites, i guess other affordable ones aren't listed?). What i look for is a clean room (mostly hits, but some misses at the 6s), i care less about "luxury".

I saw that the Bruins play on thursday, if time and budget allows, i'm thinking about attending my first "local" game :)

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
I must admit, other than the tour thing, i'm quite lost when it comes to locate a hotel. I have no idea what's central to my needs.

I was looking at motel 6's site (not featured on big searching sites, i guess other affordable ones aren't listed?). What i look for is a clean room (mostly hits, but some misses at the 6s), i care less about "luxury".

I saw that the Bruins play on thursday, if time and budget allows, i'm thinking about attending my first "local" game :)
Even the Super 8 in Boston is $150 +taxes. The Courtyard on Tremont street for $200+ is only a short walk from Chinatown and I think the trolley goes near there. I just found the 463 Beacon Street Guest House near Fenway for $111 on Booking.com that may be near as low as you'll find. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rain friday... so far it's looking like a bust.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Rain friday... so far it's looking like a bust.
Very light and infrequent showers and clearing by afternoon.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damnit...

I just checked weather.com and it dropped from 70 to 20%.
Here tomorrow, it climbed to 75%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts