StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone park their motorcycle in the Financial District in Boston. What are the rates and where is a safe place ?

Tim

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those post are more current then the ones I found last night.

I read about getting a ticket for not parking parallel to the curb and not being able to park in some garages due to the vibrations in the garage and bikes falling over.:roll: Or parking in the street and having people back into your bike.

Any garages with motorcycle parking with rates better than $40 a day ?

How the hell am I going to get my Thursday night Moto Market fix ?

Thanks for the links,
Tim

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
There is motorcycle-only parking on Boylston St, don't know about the financial district.

A bunch of bikes have always parked on Atlantic Ave and never been touched, for whatever reason.

Are you commuting in for work, or just visiting?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll be my new commute soon. I'm looking to get as much ride time as possible. I start a little later in the day then most, so I don't know how it would be finding a meter anyway.:-| I'll find something that works for me. I've only been out that way on a Sunday and the commute was doable, but the weekdays may be insane. I don't know if I can handle 3 hrs a day on the T.

Tim

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
It'll be my new commute soon.
Most of the time when I have to go to Boston if there isn't private parking, I park at one of the outlying T stops and take the train in. In my case, it's usually Wollaston on the Red Line because I used to live in that neighborhood and I park in front of my old house.

Coming from the west as you are, I guess you'd be looking at a green line trolley.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Worcester T station is easy enough for me to get to and then the walk from South station to work is easy too.

I'm just looking for a glimmer of hope of getting the bike in once in a while.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I'm just looking for a glimmer of hope of getting the bike in once in a while.
You can prolly find a way, but the pike is painful heading east in the morning.

·
Registered
333 Posts
There are bike-only parking spots on Newbury and Boylston, So you could always park at one of those (they're never completely full) and then hop on which ever colored T you can to get downtown.
Alternatively, there are a number of places you can park the bike for free for the day in Cambridge, and then take the Red line, PM me and I'll let you know where those gems are.
Chris in Norwood

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can prolly find a way, but the pike is painful heading east in the morning.
I use to work on Summer St a long time ago. I imagine it could have only got worse.:weapons_80:

There are bike-only parking spots on Newbury and Boylston, So you could always park at one of those (they're never completely full) and then hop on which ever colored T you can to get downtown.
Alternatively, there are a number of places you can park the bike for free for the day in Cambridge, and then take the Red line, PM me and I'll let you know where those gems are.
Chris in Norwood
PM on its way. I've had it so good where I am now, it's time to think outside the box. How's Alewife Station ?

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts