StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. I bought the boosterplug. all the way from Denmark to Tenerife canary islands... record quick. 4 days i belive.. super happy.
So I started the install.. For you whom are installing this. Here goes. The AIT sensor plug. is located under the airfilter box. on the left side. Really fiddly to reach, but there it is.
Still to come, is how the motorcycle will perform.. But I have high hopes.
For you who do not know what the boosterplug is. check out there website..boosterplug.com
If anybody is interested i can post a follow up..

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
So. I bought the boosterplug. all the way from Denmark to Tenerife canary islands... record quick. 4 days i belive.. super happy.
So I started the install.. For you whom are installing this. Here goes. The AIT sensor plug. is located under the airfilter box. on the left side. Really fiddly to reach, but there it is.
For you who do not know what the boosterplug is. check out there website..boosterplug.com
I'm a believer. I have them on a few bikes. They cured the steady speed surging on a 650.
Just make sure to make the effort to mount the BP sensor into ambient air. Not tucked in behind the engine. That is why it has that long cord.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a believer. I have them on a few bikes. They cured the steady speed surging on a 650.
Just make sure to make the effort to mount the BP sensor into ambient air. Not tucked in behind the engine. That is why it has that long cord.;)
Ye man.. its just under the consol nicely tirewrapped on a cable. colder air, will be impossible. Very curios on the performance though.. later this evening goes..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ye man.. its just under the consol nicely tirewrapped on a cable. colder air, will be impossible. Very curios on the performance though.. later this evening goes..
[/QUOTE

so a small follow up on the boosterplug. I have to say, i am super surprised. It works really really good. Much smoother throttle response. Smother engine braking.City traffic is a breeze compared to before… I can highly recomend to fit one.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
I'm curious if you put one on your Interceptor. After owning 4 Vstroms and the herky jerky throttle action on them the Royal Enfield fueling seems spot on smooth and just perfect. The RE owners forum has threads of guys adding them but I can't see the need.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'm curious if you put one on your Interceptor. After owning 4 Vstroms and the herky jerky throttle action on them the Royal Enfield fueling seems spot on smooth and just perfect. The RE owners forum has threads of guys adding them but I can't see the need.
Hi, You're right the RE 650 has wicked smooth fueling and doesn't really need any help.
But to answer your question, as asked; Yes, I have a BoosterPlug on mine. I rode it box stock for the first maybe 1500 miles, or so. (except I ditched the OEM tires at 300 miles)
Then I freed up the breathing with high-flow, larger surface, air filter and a minimal still air box cover. I also replaced the silencers. Then I rode it for another month or so and we started to become "partners". That included my regular diet of mountains and the canyons. Still smooth fueling compared to anything else I've had and the changes had improved it a hair. But the transition from closed loop to open loop rolling out of corners and chasing my liter+ buddies, while smooth, told me it could use more fuel sooner as the throttle opened. So I got the BP.
I'm very pleased. It isn't a big change but often enough it allows me to stay a gear higher through a turn and still have a crisp exit. A bit like how your bikes runs that tic better on a foggy night.
So no, you don't need one. But...

Reactions: Byronw

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
The original owner installed the DNA filter ,open bracket and AEW exhaust. Just loud enough to be a bit of a 'hooligan'.
I'm really enjoying the bike, planning a ride to the coast and back later this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts