StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here

So after a few long trips on my Bonnie and multiple fire roads(she be mighty sketchy on dirt). I am now looking at a wee-strom. How is performance next to a Bonnie? I do multiple trips to north east AZ and a bit of dirt. Will she hold an easy 80 mph through the god awful Indio to Blythe? Also looking at doing a cali to wash trip this year.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts
Not sure which 'Bonnie' you're referring to but a quick check on the Triumph Wiki page tells me that the horsepower is similar on the Vstrom 650 while the torque is a bit less.
I'm able to ride all day fully loaded for touring at 80 mph easily. I also believe the Strom will provide a more comfortable seating position and less wind in your face on a long highway trip.
Another plus; there are many aftermarket touring accessories available for the Vstroms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure which 'Bonnie' you're referring to but a quick check on the Triumph Wiki page tells me that the horsepower is similar on the Vstrom 650 while the torque is a bit less.
I'm able to ride all day fully loaded for touring at 80 mph easily. I also believe the Strom will provide a more comfortable seating position and less wind in your face on a long highway trip.
Another plus; there are many aftermarket touring accessories available for the Vstroms.

How is the power through the twisty's? Do you have decent get up and go? I'm trying to convince myself I don't need a 1K.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well, I think they've got plenty of power. They just keep pulling in the higher gears. Makes the fast sweepers a blast, IMO.
The 1K has a better suspension setup (and more power) but the 650's handle great on the road and are fun to ride, super reliable, and very smooth and efficient.
Depends how much you want to spend. Try riding a 650, I think you'll be surprised.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on hank think I will do that. My triumph dealer does Suzuki also so I will give them a call.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
My friends low mile Bonnie sure will not pass or catch my Wee when we had a dead stop drag race from last stop light out of town on four lane.Mine showed 107 when Ilet up after he had.Bonnie is a lot better looking but about anything is:grin2:.I sure did not buy two Wee,s for looks :wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts