StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our bolt-on DL1000 side stand foot (2002 to 2012 models) has finished beta testing and has been deemed ready for prime time. It works with the Suzuki center stand. The bolt-on side stand foot makes maximum utilization of the limited space available increasing surface area more than 3 fold. The only limitation found is that when using the center stand, the side stand must be lowered to raise the center stand.

As with our DL650 side stand foot, the new DL1000 sides stand foot will come with self locking allen cap screws bolts and lock washers for a fit and forget installation, and a happiness garantee.

The first production run begins tomorrow. The product will be added to our website sometime this week.

The price, per Adventuretech's mission statement, is 1/2 the commercial offerings. $28

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
Awesome......I assume it also works with the Motech stand?

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's hard to imagine anybody intentionally designing a center stand with less clearance than Suzuki's. There are other more expensive side stand feet out there that work only with only the same manufacturer's center stand. That implies that their is more room with the aftermarket center stands.

The Adventuretech happiness guarantee applies to this product as well so I wouldn't be afraid to try it. We will give you a refund if it doesn't work with your set-up.

Also something I should have mentioned earlier. No bike I know of needs a larger side stand foot more than the 2002 to 2012 DL1000. People have been waiting on this for many years, so please spread the word.

I originally forgot to add the price in the first post. The price, per Adventuretech's mission statement, is 1/2 the commercial offerings. $28

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
I will be ordering one in the very near future, thanks for hooking us 1000 owners up!

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Our bolt-on DL1000 side stand foot (2002 to 2012 models) has finished beta testing and has been deemed ready for prime time. It works with the Suzuki center stand. The bolt-on side stand foot makes maximum utilization of the limited space available increasing surface area more than 3 fold. The only limitation found is that when using the center stand, the side stand must be lowered to raise the center stand.

As with our DL650 side stand foot, the new DL1000 sides stand foot will come with self locking allen cap screws bolts and lock washers for a fit and forget installation, and a happiness garantee.

The first production run begins tomorrow. The product will be added to our website sometime this week.

The price, per Adventuretech's mission statement, is 1/2 the commercial offerings. $28
Awsome !!!!!!

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Testing of the prototype is done. I finished writing the three programs for the production runs today. Also started the jig, but ran out of time. It should be done early tomorrow followed by the first production run mid day. It will go on our website when I have the finished parts in hand, probably late tomorrow.

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are now taking orders for the bolt-on DL1000 side stand foot. It fits all model years 2002 to 2013.

See our web site under chassis. AdventureTech, LLC. - Home

Note the picture is of a pre-production model and will be replaced with a picture of the production model as soon as possible. the plates are the same, but the screws are different. The production model uses self locking button head allen screws.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one!

I was lucky enough to have Rick sell me one of the pre-production and I must say the stock foot is way to small unless you only park on concrete. ::) This new foot size is perfect size and function. It looks great also.
Thank you Rick for putting this together for us with two pipes. :thumbup:
:hurray:

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
Thanks for the pics y'all, this will be the next farkle I get.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I ordered mine a couple of days ago. Below is a good example why. LOL Barely standing...don't tell Tina. I was trying to get a quick picture.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
How much does it raise the stand? Looks like about 1/4 inch under the original footprint? Mine with the 1" rear lift could use some extra height. Thanks.:yesnod:

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
Mine came in while I was on vacation with my Son, very nice designed and well made product. However.......when I mounted it up I noticed that the top plate wanted to bend in order for it to fit correctly and flush all around. I put my sidestand down and noticed that the foot plate was not flush to the ground by quite a bit. I took the plate off and noticed that my stand foot was bent and not flat like it should be for some reason. After I did some flattening down of the stand foot, I installed the plate again and it fit much better with the side stand now almost flush with my garage floor. The top plate of bolt on stand foot is still bent, but at least it is on there and serves the purpose. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
How much does it raise the stand? Looks like about 1/4 inch under the original footprint? Mine with the 1" rear lift could use some extra height. Thanks.:yesnod:
Very minimal I would have to say, at least on mine from what I can tell.

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The DL1000 kickstand is a very significant challenge for a several reasons. The lack of room is obvious. Less obvious is the variation that comes from wear on the stock foot and variations in the weld between the leg and the foot. It is designed to compensate for a common wear feature and variation in the factory welds.

Larger Side/Kickstand Foot - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
The DL1000 kickstand is a very significant challenge for a several reasons. The lack of room is obvious. Less obvious is the variation that comes from wear on the stock foot and variations in the weld between the leg and the foot. It is designed to compensate for a common wear feature and variation in the factory welds.

Larger Side/Kickstand Foot - AdventureTech, LLC.
And you did a great job on the design too. :thumbup:

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It took much thought and many frustrating almost successes before getting it right. It's no wonder Tourtech and the others gave up.

After seeing that a salesman copied my foot peg and control lowering kit I reviewed our sales of this item.

Yep, sure enough. Look for a thiefs copy of our DL1000 kickstand foot might be available soon.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts