StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a 2 hour ride this weekend and ending up getting sick for the cross winds and turbulence coming off of my windshield so I adjusted my body position a lot.

(Currently I run the stock windshield set to its highest adjustment and I am 6"5'.) So in general I am exposed above the windshield from my mid-section up. I look at other bikes and I see mostly their head is above their windshield.

So now I am riding my Wee like a sports bike, instead of sitting upright. I end up having my helmet being above the windshield only with no buffering and a lot less cross winds to fight because there is less of my body to catch it. :thumbup:

I know the Wee isn't a sports bike so is there anything I should watch out for so I don't get into a bad situation?

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I tried the madstad, it helps but like others mentioned I decided I didn't like the sharp metal in my potential flight path. I have the stock shield in the lowest position kicked out with 1/2 inch spacers. It keeps the wind off my chest and the rest of me is in smooth air.

·
Registered
15,601 Posts
I'm lucky. 5'7" and with the MRA windscreen on the Wee, this is the best comfort envelope I've had on a bike including an 1100RT BMW.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nobie,

I have the Madstad bracket on mine. I also have a Givi windshield, brand new, that I bought with the Madstad sitting in my garage. We should meet up some time and you can take a look and see the difference in person.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobie,

I have the Madstad bracket on mine. I also have a Givi windshield, brand new, that I bought with the Madstad sitting in my garage. We should meet up some time and you can take a look and see the difference in person.
That would be great, its hard to drop cash when you don't know the end result. Let;s try to setup a time.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm lucky. 5'7" and with the MRA windscreen on the Wee, this is the best comfort envelope I've had on a bike including an 1100RT BMW.
Come on. I had an RT 1100 and with the power adjustable windshield you could tune out wind to the point that I could light and smoke a cigar while riding.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking as far as getting into a bad situation. You mean while being bent down over the tank?

I'm 6'3 and I think I have come to the conclusion I want a bigger windscreen. I think I am going to get the combo deal from Madstad with their bracket and adventure screen. I actually purchased a used MP cycle shorty screen off ebay because I thought it looked great. I came from sportbikes so I assumed I didn't care much about wind protection. I quickly found out that after having even the strom's crappy stock screen, I already enjoyed the extra wind protection it offered.

I didn't want to get a large screen at first because I think they stick out too much and make the bike look odd. I think I'm to the point where that doesn't matter to me anymore. It's not like the stock screen looks amazing. I also prefer tinted screens, which madstad offers.

When I duck my head down behind my stock screen at highway speeds, all wind noise completely goes away. All I hear is the engine. I'm hoping I can come close to replicating that with a larger screen. I do a lot of touring and not having the fatigue from noise/wind pressure on my neck muscles will help a ton for comfort.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Are you looking through the windshield, or over it?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine has the WindStrom Manta touring shield and the WindStrom (TS or TOP SPOILER) laminar lip. I am 5'8" and get no buffetting, I can slink down and look through the shield(s) or prop myself vertical and look over.

The only thing better than this is to get in your car or truck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts