StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw A LOT of Vstroms at the BMW rally. What did you guys think about the rally??? I wish there was something like that for Suzuki bikes. I have never seen anything like that rally....it was awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I feel dumb. I thought you had to be a BMW owner, or member to attend the rally? It was right in my backyard :(

·
Registered
203 Posts
I attended the BMW rally and ... yes ... it was an awesome event. Very well organized, lots of activities and rides. During the closing ceremony, they gave some stats about bikes attending. Three-fourths were Beemers, the others were of all make and models. Just outside the main pavilion, I spotted a black bike with a BMW emblem on the side. It just didn't look quite right, so I looked closer. It was a DL650! Darn, didn't have my camera with me.

The attendance was about 7,800. Weather was perfect. Next year ... Gillette, Wyoming.

Brent

·
Registered
316 Posts
I feel dumb. I thought you had to be a BMW owner, or member to attend the rally? It was right in my backyard :(
Members of BMW MOA can bring guests to events - but if you don't have a BMW MOA member to get you in, you're out of luck.

I went as a guest to last years event in Vermont - they do a nice job of setting up the event. Unlike some events, you don't feel out of place if you're not their brand of bike.

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I was a member of BMWMOA for years and one of the original members of the R90S group. (Still have my pins) You're absoluely right. They do know how to throw a good rally!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts