StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an 06 wee. Shopping for a second bike so the wife and I can ride together. Anyone out there have experience with the BMW F800 s, st or gs? TinMan88

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I've seen one.

Almost slipped in a puddle of my own drool.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I own an 06 wee. Shopping for a second bike so the wife and I can ride together. Anyone out there have experience with the BMW F800 s, st or gs? TinMan88
The S and the ST are obviously road bikes so if the wife is only going to ride on the road that's fine but the bike I would seriously look at is the F650GS (the new twin not the old single). My wife has half convinced herself to buy one and she is a dyed in the wool Ducatisti. The 650GS is very close in concept to the Strom and would be an ideal companion. The 800GS on the other hand is designed primarily to be used in Adventure Touring rather than suburban riding with some dirt roads thrown in.
The reviews of the F650GS have been fantastic, every one I have seen say the bike is a real gem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K1W1, I ride my Wee only on the street as I have race bikes for offroad. I have been looking around for this two bike street gig and stopped by the BMW shop. Lo and behold... This red f800s just about jumped into my pocket!! I thought another Wee is a safe bet, but why have 2 of the same thing. So we are off to test ride one tomorrow. I am sorta partial to BMW as I rode the bejeezuz out of a R100s for 14 yrs. Thats a record for me keeping any vehicle for so long. Also why we like our Wee. By the way I also got to test a Ducati ST3 last week. What a ride! Anyone else with F800 experience? Regards, TinMan

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
If you wander over to the ADV Rider site there are some initial impressions of the 800GS and 650GS from new owners in the BEASTS section. Good luck with your shopping, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it, right??:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts