StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever heard of a Cardo Systems brand Scala Rider headset? My wife got me a Scala Rider FM headset for Christmas. I've never heard anything about them before... Chatterboxes are the only ones I've ever heard anything about, and I'm curious how they might compare...

This is the one I have:
Amazon

http://www.cardowireless.com/US/scala_rider_fm

My wife wasn't sure whether or not it would be a good one... I have no clue... it was on the list for spring, so I haven't even had time to research them...

Thanks!

-Joe

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
There are lots of threads about the Scala (Cardo wireless) headsets many of us use them and they work fine.
They are supplied with TomTom Rider GPS.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never thought to search first (Duh!!)... Just had never heard of the brand before it showed up under the Christmas tree... Thanks!

-Joe

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
as said, plenty of info elsewhere, but I got a set for my wife and me, and it works fine. Not too pricey, it works.. etc.. Your wife did well!

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Heck If you have one, you tell us how they work.
I just ordered the team set of the Q2, got a good deal $240 for the team set...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I have a team set that I have been using for 1 year now.It works ok,I have to yell REALLY loud to activate it but then it works as it should.We even use it bike to bike and it works to about 300 ft or so ( scala says it won't !!).The batt charge seems to last FOREVER !!.I use it on standby for 1 hour a day and the charge last about 1 month or more!!.I have only charged it maybe 4-5 times in a year of use ( I don't talk on it to much,mostly stand by time ).Also I use ride everyday ( in Seattle !!) and it has proved to be 100% waterproof.One other thing,if you use it on a flip up helmet ( modular type ) you will need a longer boom mic,scala sells them for about $20.00 or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts