StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with GPS or GPS experience: I have a Nolan N102, great helmet but the Bluetooth and headset additional cost is ridiculous. Has anyone experience with using a standard Bluetooth ear piece or something like the Motorokr stereo Bluetooth? The Cardo bluetooth that came with my TomTom won't work physically with my Nolan. I also have a cellphone with BT finally. BTW: for people with buffeting problems the Nolan N102 eliminated buffeting for me, besides the skirt on the bottom cuts out a lot of wind noise that was a problem with my KBC. suggestions? alternatives? Cheers!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I've chosen wired. Bluetooth volume was too low, it wouldn't do stereo on a Zumo 550 MP3 player, battery life was too short and custom earpieces that didn't hurt after a couple of days were only available in a wired solution.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I use a wired autocomm unit wired to my GPS (Zumo 550) and my phone connected to my gps over bluetooth. That way all audio is passing through the autocomm unit and I have the full phone function on my GPS. I also have XM radio running on my GPS. The 1 wire connection to my helmet (Shoie Multitec) is not a problem. I've had BT headsets for my helmet and they don't work nearly as well, besides who wants to worry about charging another item. I say bluetooth only for phone to GPS. My GPS and comm unit are bike powered so I never worry about battery life. :thumbup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Zumo 550 Stereo Bluetooth fully integrated phone/XM/Nav..

I have a fully bluetoothed N-103 with Zumo 550.

I can listen to STEREO XM radio, STEREO MP3s on the SD card inside the Zumo 550, answer phone calls, automatically mutes the music, make two-way FMRS Radio calls, all wireless to a bluetooth helmet headset with enough volume to blow my eardrums while wearing earplugs.

Check out RKA Luggage, go to the communication page.

Here is the J&M headset for your N-102.

Not cheap, but worth every penny.

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A24 J&M/HS-BLU277EDRI-N102.html

Cheers.:fineprint::thumbup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've used a Camos BTH500 for over two years now and have great experience with it. I pair it to my GPS and my phone and listen to music, GPS, and can receive calls.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses...

Thanks for the input. I am going to try to use the Cardo Scala Rider headset that came with the TomTom Rider 2, it sort of fits the N102 (crudely) and works seamlessly. Now if I can get the TomTom to work with my phone, not really a priority as I like to ride uninterupted by the outside world... I can always call them back when I stop for a break. Thanks, all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts