StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you NOVA folks are into wine tastings and the like, check out Bluemont Vineyards as a light ADV destination. The web address is here: Bluemont Vineyard. It's just a quick left turn off the Snikersville turnpike for those that know the area.

google maps link

The wife and I decided to ride there yesterday and discovered that it's got an awful half-gravel/half pothole paved road up the side of a large hill/small mountain. It was a hairy ascent and decent, but nothing the V-strom couldn't handle, and you can reward your successful climb with a glass of wine and a very decent cheese plate.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they show you the room where they "Soak the corks"?:jawdrop:
If I hadn't just seen that skit, I would have no idea what you're talking about. But no, I did not see any soaking of the corks, nor did I see any corksoakers.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Heh!

Just messin' with ya. I don't drink but one of my riding buddies and his wife like to do the wine tours and it's a big part of their leisure time together. I smoke cigars and a pipe and enjoy premium coffee so I do have a few vices other than motorcycles. But, I'll tell ya, there's nothing like a good "cork soaking".

·
Registered
38 Posts
The wife and I went here several years ago when we lived in Sterling. I remember that hilly driveway well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts