StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all, I live in Alberta Canada, and am flying out to Houston TX for a vacation. I am wondering if these fuseboxes are common in bike shops down there or is it one of those, you must order of the internet kind of things? Thanks for your help.

Denys

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Good day all, I live in Alberta Canada, and am flying out to Houston TX for a vacation. I am wondering if these fuseboxes are common in bike shops down there or is it one of those, you must order of the internet kind of things? Thanks for your help.

Denys
Don't hold me to it, but I want to say they where designed more for marine environments, so typically any online marine store worth their salt has tem in stock. They are not readily availble in bike shops, and more than likely special order if you wander into a marine shop. Typically, you will be able to find a better price online, but I guess its customs that hits ya pretty hard your way on orders.
You could try looking up a marine shop in houston and working something out with them so you can pick it up when your there, jus insure they;ll have it

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
They are definitely at Academy Sports and Outdoors stores. I got mine there and have seen them at others. Go to academy.com and do a location search (zip code) to see which one is nearest to you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
+1.

I've seen them at most Academy Stores in the Houston area, except some of them only carry the glass fuse type, not the ATC type. IIRC you can find them at Gander Mountain and Cabellas too. If you have trouble finding a store near your location there are plenty of boat shops in Houston that probably have them or an equivelant.

They are definitely at Academy Sports and Outdoors stores. I got mine there and have seen them at others. Go to academy.com and do a location search (zip code) to see which one is nearest to you.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you haven't yet gone ahead with the Blue Seas fusebox, you might also consider Eastern Beaver's V-Strom specific items. Jim's work is top-drawer:

http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/VStrom/vstrom.html
The thing I like about this setup is that the fusebox and wiring is all set up. It seems the price is also a bit less than Cyclenutz for the Centex AP-2 after you add up both the fusebox and the wiring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts