StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was just wondering it was safe/doable to do Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the dragon in March. Would it be icy, snowy or otherwise dangerous?

Thanks for the feedback.

PS: I've got a week and a half in March to get the bike out and go somewhere. I live in Montreal and was looking for ideas of where to go and what to do.

Thanks!

Sylvain

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would suggest your try killboy.com photos - The Original Photographer from US129 Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap. He takes pics of the riders as they travel back and forth on the dragon. Being a local rider, he will certainly be able to fill you in on expected weather conditions in that area.

There's lots of snow around that area now, but I would think that the lower elevations should be clear by mid-March.

His website will have his contact info.

My wife and I take 2 to 3 trips a year to that area. It's made for motorcycles.

Good luck.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Major sections of the BRP will very likely be closed through March, so that decision will be made for you.

Even if the weather has been unusually fair, they'll keep sections closed to do repairs and to clear fallen vegetation.

Monitoring this site will be informative, but not necessarily definitive.

Blue Ridge Parkway - Road Closures (U.S. National Park Service)

There are other closures in my area which will likely extend beyond the general opening of the BRP. There are great workarounds I can share with you when the time comes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That solves my problem then!

Thanks a bunch for yur help and guidance.

Ride safe!

Sylvain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts