StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up my 2020 650XT. I really wanted the full adventure package but there were none to be found near me. Thanks COVID! Luckily, my local dealer had an XT model on hand and gave me a good deal on it. The sales guy ordered racks, panniers, and a center stand for me and was able to get me a bit of a discount on those. I had a 2004 Honda VTX 1300 that I had purchased just two months ago. I purchased that bike after not being on two wheels for about 7 years, and went back to the X because I've had two others before. I quickly realized that the X wasn't good for me for long-distance riding, and that I also wanted to do some off-pavement riding. The V-Strom really seems to meet my needs. It's more comfortable, but I'm still going to have to figure some different seat configuration to improve comfort on my rear end. I've already taken it on some forest service roads and found some new campsites!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I noticed the clutch lever was loose yesterday, so this morning I took it apart before going for an epic ride. I discovered that the clutch lever bolt snapped. Due to the deformation of the handguard on the bottom I can only assume that it was over tightened. So no ride today, and I'm going to my dealer tomorrow. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts