StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
chair style

from my experiance with similar styled chairs . they dont last long as the rivets where they hinge seem too blow out .

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I find that style of chair uncomfortable. As for carrying it on bike for camping - too many parts, too much complexity, too heavy/bulky.

I have a simple folding chair, lightweight and comfortable, but it doesn't fold very much and got too awkward to pack on the bike.

So I tried a simple 3-legged stool that cost 6 bucks. I was afraid that it would be unstable and I'd miss having a back rest - maybe not a fair trade for packability. Happy to say I was wrong on both counts. A tripod is more stable on uneven ground. The little saddle is surprisingly comfortable, and I didn't miss having a backrest either. I'm glad about the decision to try a cheap, simple stool and that I shouldn't ever have to leave it behind.

I like camping in the boonies, go figure:rolleyes: So picnic benches and running water are often not available. I need to pack 4 or 5 liters of water, which is some serious payload. So it's nice to be able to afford a seat too because I don't like sitting on the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts