StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advertised on ebay and amazon.com. supposed to blink several times then stay on and bright when braking. sounded good. I bought 2 from amazon and they blink several times then go off. sent them back as defective. neighbor says that because they draw less current, the computer thinks there is a problem in the brake light circuit and turns power off to the brake lights.
Has anyone else tried these blinking led brake lights? if so how did they work for you?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if those modulators will work with led bulbs and I really want led bulbs. LED bulbs don't burn out and that means a great deal to me. I had a burned out tail light and didn't know about it until a kind policeman informed me. I was lucky that time and just got a warning. I see the light put out by the headlight but not the tail light and brake lights. everybody should do a pre flight inspection of their bike before a ride. but modern bikes are generally so reliable that doesn't happen.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Mine works fine with LED brake light "bulbs" plus an auxiliary LED brake light. Even so, one can't tell if the LEDs or bulbs are working at any given time but I figure most likely only one of the three will fail unless the signal itself is not getting to the LEDs. To tell if the brake light signal is working, I ran a wire to a small LED on my dash that lights up when the brake light signal is working. And, because the modulator is electronic and subject to fail, I have 2 switches under the seat to switch between the 2 different styles of modulation or to bypass the modulator altogether should it fail.

I know it sounds complicated but it works for me. YMMV

P.S. This is from the Signal Dynamics info, "This module is designed to work with standard incandescent brake lights, LED brake lights, or a combination of both"

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is there a way to install this device without taking the back end of the bike apart? I tried a different brand and couldn't find a good way to put it in, so I shelved the project.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I've been using the these for years, a super easy install, they come in halogen or LED. Blink 3 times when you hit the brake and then stay on.

https://kisantech.com/20w-d2pak.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts