StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've have just bought an Amplirider, which has 3 inputs. So far I'm only planning to use the XM Radio and the Zumo 550 through it. Is it possible to make a blinker alert that could be used through this amp? Silent except through the helmet speakers? Anyone know how to do this as all electronics is sparks and magic to me.

Rick

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I've have just bought an Amplirider, which has 3 inputs. So far I'm only planning to use the XM Radio and the Zumo 550 through it. Is it possible to make a blinker alert that could be used through this amp? Silent except through the helmet speakers? Anyone know how to do this as all electronics is sparks and magic to me.

Rick
Signal Minder at whitehorsegear.com is a good item.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It probably wouldn't be that hard to make, if you know some electronics, hehe.

A simple circuit that would use the blinkers to supply power to a little 555 timer that gave you some 'pleasing' frequency and then dumped it into an audio amplifier would probably do the job. Just isolate the two blinker lines using a couple of diodes and you'd be all set (might have to add something to mute/disconnect the sound on power up/down in case it makes popping noises when it turns on and off).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts