Strom Trooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently Dottie and I did a trip to Vail and back. This trip came about as a result of Dottie's mother taking a trip to Vail, where she would spend time escaping the Phoenix heat for a while. She drove from Phoenix to our home one day and the next day Dottie and her mom drove to Vail. I followed on the V-Strom 650. We made the trip over in one day and then spent the next with her mom before returning the following two days.

I'll post a couple pictures here and also links to the different days.

The highlight of the ride over was the River Road ( 128 ) from Moab up to I70 and passing Cisco on that stretch. The rest was I70 which is pretty but an interstate. About a 330 mile day and enough for my old butt.

After spending a day with her mom in Vail we returned via a much more scenic and bike favorable route.

Stayed on I70 to Glenwood Springs then headed south and west ....

.... in the mountains and over...

... Grand Mesa outside of Grand Junction where we spent the night.

The next day it was south out of Junction and then west on 141. I can't believe I lived in this area so long and have never taken 141 to Junction.

It is an unbelievable ride.

Perfect on a bike...

... with a great road and unbelievable scenery.

... If you are going or coming from Moab really consider this route if you haven't ever taken it. You will love it.

Here is a link to the trip where you will find a lot more pictures and a trip report (bottom of the page)...

http://1fatgmc.com/motorcycle/suzuki-650/650-trips/Suzuki-650-Trip-Index.html

Sumner

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Was that a shot of Mt Ophir near Carbondale? Grand Mesa is a fun run, 'cept for the kamikaze Marmots that ran under my bike. dashing speed bumps.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Sweet ride. I agree, Delores canyon is one of the nicest rides I've been on. Nice pictures!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was that a shot of Mt Ophir near Carbondale? .

I don't think so but I'm not sure where Mt Ophir is. The shot was up near McClure Pass,

Sumner

·
Registered
191 Posts
Beautiful country side love the pics and the road by the looks of it. Bit far for me to travel to unfortunately.

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
That's the problem with all those stupid mountains in Colorado, they all look the same. I'm in the right area though. Gotta love the views there.
Might have been Sophris, who knows?
Had a friend that live in 'Bonedale. Ophir was a SWAG and totally wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts