StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have black rims on 2011 White Wee?

Anyone have black rims on 2011 white wee? If so, did you paint or powder coat. Pics please. I like the white '11 wee, but hate the silver rims. Thnx.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a white 2011 and also do not like the silver rims. I need new tires this spring, and will have the rims powder coated black when I take them off. Would be interested in trading my silver for black rims if fairly close by.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
An option would be to trade with somebody having the opposite desire.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Anyone have black rims on 2011 white wee? If so, did you paint or powder coat. Pics please. I like the white '11 wee, but hate the silver rims. Thnx.
I live near Seattle, and am on track to buy a 2012 Wee to replace my 2007 Wee. Perhaps we should arrange a trade as suggested? PM if that makes sense to you.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If keeping the silver rims clean is the issue. The use of WD-40 on a rag wipes them perfectly clean. Chain lube & grease instantly gone with a good wipe.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
If anyone wants to trade their silver rims for the black ones off my '07 I would be DEE-lighted. In Norcal, near Sacramento.

If no trades forthcoming, I'll be painting them at the next tire change. Or is there a better way to make them sliver? Just strip to the bare alloy and seal with clear?

I guess powdercoat is best, but $$?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts