StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a source for black plastic conduit -- the type of conduit that Suzuki uses from the factory. Every where I look, sales people just glaze over when I ask. I've found a hard plastic corrugated tube but I really wanted something that would not damage paint (so easily) when nylon tied in place.

Anyone know of a source??

M

·
0 Posts
I'm looking for a source for black plastic conduit -- the type of conduit that Suzuki uses from the factory. Every where I look, sales people just glaze over when I ask. I've found a hard plastic corrugated tube but I really wanted something that would not damage paint (so easily) when nylon tied in place.

Anyone know of a source??
Check your local auto parts store. They have that stuff in all kinds of colors for the "Fast and Furious" types.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far, I've checked several. One of those stores was a national chain. I was stunned. None of those folks had any....

Btw -- your icon cracks me up! :)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I use the corrugated stuff for wires that stay in place and spiral wrap for the stuff off the handlebars. If I don't wan't to see the wires through the spiral wrap. I'll add Scotch Super 33+ electrical tape.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I got some in Menards in the electrical section. Lowe's and Home Depot probably have some options too. It makes things look much better!
Eric

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Might be a little pricy but...

You can order it from Summitt Racing. I don't know what the shipping charge would be but they do sell it in rolls.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you checked Radio Shack? I'm sure I've seen a couple of varieties in there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You might have better luck if you ask for sheathing. Mind you, I had no luck either and ended up buying the fabric loop from a local custom motocycle shop. Think they called it Tech-Flex. A little expensive, but it makes the wiring look might perty.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Yeah, I have looked for this stuff when installing my Stebel horn. Napa and Pep Boys came up empty handed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I actually have some of this stuff. I use it in some kits I sell for the KLR and now working on for the Strom. If you are interested PM me and I will let ya know what I have available and the size. I hope this is acceptable to post this type of thing to this area.

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts