StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, you riders in the Black Hills region: Let's plan a V-Strom ride for this summer. We can gather on a Saturday or Sunday morning for breakfast, then spend the day riding together in this great place. Reply to this thread if you are interested. Let's pick a day and a meeting spot.

·
$tromtrooper [belated]
120 Posts
I'd be in, if the date works out. Saturday's better for me cause Sundays would be me riding home in the dark, most likely, and deer and such.

Steve Morris

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I'm thinking about this as a one day event. We meet for breakfast, then go riding for the day as a group and stop for lunch somewhere along the way. We certainly have a large number of routes to pick from.

It has been suggested that we dedicate this ride to the memory of MountainAir (Jimmy Morris). I really like that idea and think we should do it!

Let's start by picking a month and I go ahead and put June out there for consideration. I suggest one of the following days: June 4, 11, 18, 25, or 26. Are any of these good or bad for you?

TheBlade

·
$tromtrooper [belated]
120 Posts
I'm in favor of the June 25 date. The 18th may work. Our fam is going to Italy from June 1st -June 16 to visit our foreign exch. students family. Thats why the 18 could work, but...iffy. The earlier dates just won't work.

I really want to do this with you guys, and dedicate it to Jimmy. (He was always Jimmy to me, but Jim otherwise)

Steve
Mntairmist

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in favor of the June 25 date. The 18th may work. Our fam is going to Italy from June 1st -June 16 to visit our foreign exch. students family. Thats why the 18 could work, but...iffy. The earlier dates just won't work.

I really want to do this with you guys, and dedicate it to Jimmy. (He was always Jimmy to me, but Jim otherwise)

Steve
Mntairmist
Hello Steve!
Great to hear from you! Glad you are planning on this. June 25 would be awesome. Let's wait a little as see if we get some more feedback, but maybe we can get the 25th penciled in and see what folks think.
Carter "TheBlade"

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jimmy Morris Dedication Ride in the Black Hills - June 25th

OK, here are some further details:

This ride will be dedicated to Jimmy Morris. Meet at 7 AM at the Millstone Restaurant, 2010 West Main Street, Rapid City, South Dakota. (This was a favorite breakfast spot of Jimmy's.) At breakfast, we'll make plans for the morning ride to end up at a great lunch spot, then plan the afternoon from there. If you want to skip breakfast, show up at the Millstone no later than 8 AM. All bikes are welcomed! If you have any questions or ideas or comments, just post them in this thread or send me a PM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys, I'm the son of a Stromtrooper. My dad is "Milkman" on here and will be coming up around the 4th of July to partake in the beautiful riding up here in the Black hills.

I live in Rapid city and will probably be joining you on this ride if time and the wife permit.

I'll be riding my Buell XB12X Ulysses.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Guys, I'm the son of a Stromtrooper. My dad is "Milkman" on here and will be coming up around the 4th of July to partake in the beautiful riding up here in the Black hills.

I live in Rapid city and will probably be joining you on this ride if time and the wife permit.

Awesome! It would be great to have you join us that day! Take good care of Milkman!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hey Mynus92,
I now completely understand who your father is! Sorry I didn't figure it out earlier. I'm glad you can join us. I'm looking forward to meeting you on the 25th and your father on July 4th!
TheBlade

·
$tromtrooper [belated]
120 Posts
The Blade

Looking forward to the ride on Saturday. Can you give us your thoughts on a route?

Steve

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pictures from Today's Ride

[/IMG]

Here is the group of riders today for the Jimmy Morris Ride. This was taken near the top of Custer Peak. We had 4 V-Stroms, 2 KLR 650s, 1 Buell Ulysses, and 1 GSX 600. Far right is Jimmy's brother, Steve, 2nd from right is Jimmy's son, Jesse.

[/IMG]

This was Jimmy's Wee. Steve converted it to a sidecar rig. Very cool!

[/IMG]

Here's the group atop Terry Peak.

[/IMG]

On the left is Mynus92 (son of MilkMan) with his Buell Ulysses.

·
$tromtrooper [belated]
120 Posts
This was Jimmy's Wee. Steve converted it to a sidecar rig. Very cool!
Thanks for the comment Blade! ( not a wee though ) This was a great ride, now the rig is broke-in after that climb up to the top of Custer Peak.

Great pics too, thanks for posting them. Lets hear it for...THE BLADE!!

Steve

P.S. Thank you Carter for the very last, new, 2009 North American V-Strom Rally official t-shirt that Jimmy and Mark H. designed. Its no wonder Jimmy enjoyed working with you for this event.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the comment Blade! ( not a wee though ) This was a great ride, now the rig is broke-in after that climb up to the top of Custer Peak.

Great pics too, thanks for posting them. Lets hear it for...THE BLADE!!

Steve

P.S. Thank you Carter for the very last, new, 2009 North American V-Strom Rally official t-shirt that Jimmy and Mark H. designed. Its no wonder Jimmy enjoyed working with you for this event.
Steve,
I'm so glad you made it from Pierre. Sorry about the mistake. I knew it was a Vee, but messed up. Thanks for the update on Pierre and the flooding. Our thoughts are with you there. It was great to remember Jimmy. He was a great fellow!
Carter "TheBlade"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts