StromTrooper banner

Black Frame Paint??

924 10
I am sure someone has determined what brand of rattle can paint is the closet match to the black on the frame.....what is it?
Previous owners' boot have worn off the paint on both sides above the foot pegs.

Thanks
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kawasaki KLV1000
209 Posts
I am sure someone has determined what brand of rattle can paint is the closet match to the black on the frame.....what is it?
Previous owners' boot have worn off the paint on both sides above the foot pegs.

Thanks
I had the same issue, but I cut some self adhesive black vinyl and covered it. Easy to replace once it too gets worn..
White Automotive tire Automotive design Auto part Rim

·
Registered
2022 VSTROM 650 XTA
241 Posts
Black is black. The only variations are on gloss, satin, and flat spectrum. Manufacturers can add other things to make special like sparkles, but then it is no longer "black." Gloss black will blend in with the frames original color
So true, and the only "sparkle" black Suzuki might put on the bike is on the gas tank and plastics.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Disagree that black is black when it comes to paint. Every brand of gloss black spray paint will look slightly different, depends upon the formula used by that brand.
However, I am not painting a vehicle's door here....doing a small area so unless the color/sheen is way-off, likely will not be noticeable.

I was just hoping that someone had already found what brand of rattle can gloss black spray paint is a very close match.

·
Registered
2004 Kawasaki KLV1000
209 Posts
That was a good idea!
How well does it stay in-place?
Very well, actually! Haven't had the need to replace it yet, but it has only been one season since I put it on. I would suspect that it will need replacing after the next season. But, of course, it would depend on how much you ride..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did find black self-adhesive vinyl sheets online in packs of about 20 sheets, along with every color imaginable including chrome. Have yet to get out, see what I can find locally.
Thanks again for the reply and suggestion.

·
Registered
2004 Kawasaki KLV1000
209 Posts
If I could, I would happily recommend my supplier, but since i have gotten mine from a large swedish truck manufacturer (not Volvo, the better one), which i work for, I am not able to.. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Understand. But that does tell me the quality of the vinyl you used.
I am going to search locally to find a shop that wraps vehicles. They would probably have scraps of black vinyl I could use, perhaps even have them apply it.
Once again, thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts