StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum... would like to get a black 2012. My local dealer is telling me the black only comes in the adventure model. Is this the case?
I do like the orange but would prefer black non-adventure model.
Anyone seen a black model?
thanks
David

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
True. Black is only available on the Adventure model in the USA.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Can someone explain to me why the three colours are not so freely available in the US? I mean in Europe you can so easily pick any model in any colour.

Why would Suzuki do this?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Can someone explain to me why the three colours are not so freely available in the US? I mean in Europe you can so easily pick any model in any colour.

This one is truly a head-scratcher. All three colors are available in each of three trim models (for a total of nine variations) in Canada. And we're less than 1/10 the size of the US market. You can't even get a white one there... It's purely a product marketing decision on the part of Suzuki USA. And as a product marketing professional, I don't get their decision.

:confused:

·
38,048 Posts
A dealer can swap color panels. Call for price and you may find it's an Adventure model after all. Anyhow, all base models brought into the USA by Suzuki are orange and all Adventure models are black. What a dealer does after they arrive is up to the dealer. I have yet to hear of a straight up swap. Swapping costs time and time is money. See all the color it comes in at Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - V-Strom 650 - 2012 - DL650A

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts

Maybe Suzuki in Japan thinks everyone in the US is broke. :green_lol:

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts

Suzuki's Sales Prevention Team is second to none.

I found the brown or orange or whatever the hell it is to be pretty damned ugly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Color

When I get my black adv. that I piad in full weeks ago, I will gladly swap panels with you. Who the he,,,,ck knows when I'll get it. I am serious with this offer. Let me know. HB

·
Registered
23 Posts
im sorry to say but the USA is only a small fraction of the market! its all about the numbers! Im done scratching my head when it comes to Suzuki. Im still miffed at the Canada ADV model coming with a topbox, handguards,engine cover... ect.

A dealer should have no problem ordering panels and replacing them with the black at a cost. maybe they would give you credit for your orange pieces. I know dealers that would.

·
Registered
418 Posts
im sorry to say but the USA is only a small fraction of the market! its all about the numbers! Im done scratching my head when it comes to Suzuki.
Except in this case, even the numbers don't make sense. The US may be a small part of the global moto market, but it is still 10x the sales volume of Canada, which gets nine variations.

Sales prevention team indeed!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
When I get my black adv. that I piad in full weeks ago, I will gladly swap panels with you. Who the he,,,,ck knows when I'll get it. I am serious with this offer. Let me know. HB
Maybe you shouldn't have paid in full?... They might have had more incentive to get it to you faster if you only put down the minimum deposit...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well once again i have been told that the non-adv ver. will be available in black and orange in the US.... this is while vacationing in Fla... of course there wasnt a 2012 to be seen... and none to be released.. maybe the US market will get colors based on states,,:confused:...

·
38,048 Posts
well once again i have been told that the non-adv ver. will be available in black and orange in the US.... this is while vacationing in Fla... of course there wasnt a 2012 to be seen... and none to be released.. maybe the US market will get colors based on states,,:confused:...
No. You have just been talking to clueless dealers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts