StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip from from Ottawa to Philadelphia (Fort Washington) area in early May, and I want to stay off the 81 & 476 as much as I can. I'm in no rush, because I'm planning to take a couple of days, so I'm looking for the scenic route...looks like the NY 11 or 12 is a good bet from the border at 1000 Islands, but any suggestions for a nice route to follow through PA?

Thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you come down by the Delaware water gap and that's a nice area, also rt.11 along the river is scenic and there are a few roads off of that which are nice sweepers and such. I haven't done much exploration above philly, however, from what I hear near Reading and north there are some really nice roads. I'll have to check my issues of Road Runner, think there is mention of that area in one of those.

·
Registered
984 Posts

Route 11 between Binghamton and Scranton is very interesting especially the colosul abandoned railroad viaducts you'll pass under. Incredible works of engineering. You'll want to get some pix of those for the folks back home. Others will have to guide you south from there as I have no experience with the roads from Scranton south to Philly. I'm sure folks on the website would be interested in seeing pix of your trip when you get back. Have a great ride.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, guys...yah, that section from Scranton south looks like a scramble. No straight line other than the 476. And I'll bring a camera for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts