StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I am unable to make the pilgrimage across the water for this years get together and will therefore miss the Saturday night discussion on where the next meet will be, I thought I would put my hand up and offer to organise a Tasmanian spectacular for next year if there is enough (any??) interest. Given the expense and distance it would probably need to be for more than a weekend to make the most of the opportunity.

Anyway, the offer is there. Similarly, if anyone is coming down this way and wants some local knowledge or even a bed or somewhere to pitch your tent then please let me know.

Just to wet your appetite the link below is to my YouTube account which is where I dump raw video footage of some of my favourite rides in the Apple Isle.

BigTone Tassie videos

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Show us Tassie

Geez that's very tempting for me but I'm free of regular commitments at the moment. It might be difficult for some people to get that much time off work.

A guided tour of Tassie over several days would be a blast. I did a nine day visit in 2009 on my almost new Wee Strom. It rained and rained and then it rained, but it was magic.:yesnod:
Loved the west coast and the north east corner. Been trying to come up with an excuse to go again.

Perhaps it could be a one off event that is held as well as the annual gathering on the big island.

When is the dry season?:confused:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Good on ya BT, and Id vote for that.
Might make it a 2 week expedition though, Looooong way off yet

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
.... I thought I would put my hand up and offer to organise a Tasmanian spectacular for next year if there is enough (any??) interest.
Plenty of interest...shitloads, in fact.
Wanna spend a couple of months in the South.
I'll be there, V-Strom meet or not.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Tassie is on my bucket list, hopefully sooner rather than later. :fineprint:

It might be enough lead time for me to the money together and to get myself organised to do it. :confused:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Plenty of interest...shitloads, in fact.
Wanna spend a couple of months in the South.
I'll be there, V-Strom meet or not.
:hurray:Went over to Tassie last year with Austourers, spent some time with them (great bunch of people) after the Bright Rally. Needed an excuse to go back. Spent a week exploring the North West and never even got close to east or south! Same as Glitch need a coupla months! But a week and a bit would do. Same time in March? Add us for a vote for Tassie!

Farmerstrom

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Did it on my GS500 in 2009 it rained the whole time but was a great experience.
My 1st big trip on a bike.

Would love to go again on the strom so I'd vote yes :thumbup:

Cheers Gotawee

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi BT, count me in as a YES :thumbsup:

:cheers2:
BOB

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm in too. Did the Targa a few years ago (service crew), had a ball.

Hey Muddy, there's no dirt between Melbourne and Devonport :green_lol:, but I'm sure you and the pumkin would be most welcome.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
If me and the big pumpkin are still welcome to attend, Im your have some nice dirt roads down that way :mrgreen:
Muddy, I will speak for myself [but the Strommers I have met and know certainly don't seem to be bike snobs] you are welcome on any ride I do, "anywhere/any time" as they say.

You might just have to wait for me from time to time along any dirt stretches though :headbang:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could be a goer!

Struth!!!

12 keen starters in the first 24 hours, looks kinda promising. I like nothing better than showing off the wonders of this little Island, however for those of you who make it down here you must swear not to tell anyone how good it is, don't want the place overrun with tourists!!

From a weather perspective the best time of the year for comfortable riding is late February/early March. There is also a public holiday for Vic and Tas on the second Monday in March.

Would suggest that you visit the TT line website Tassie ferry and subscribe to their newsletter. That way you will get plenty of notice of upcoming specials.

I am based in Launceston and there are plenty of spectacular rides around this area or if people prefer I can put together a state wide itinerary or people can just do their own thing and just get together on one of the weekends.

Obligatory Tassie Photo.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi Tony,

Jas and I have talked about doing a ride in Tassie so making the Gathering part of it would be a definite possibility.........
........ though it might not be on a Strom :confused:
Could have the new bike by the time it comes round ...... :fineprint:

·
Registered
924 Posts
At my age planning ahead twelve weeks is a big ask, let alone twelve months, but Tassie sounds fantastic and I haven't missed one yet. I'll just tell myself it's just down the road a bit from Bright.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Don you could always freight your bike down and take the big silver bird then just ride back (or vice versa).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts