StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a tank bag for my recent road trip and procrastinated to the point of not being able to get one online. I checked out a few local dealerships but didn't really want to shell out $100+ for a tank bag. I went to my local Cycle Gear and found a great deal.

Here's a pic:

Tried to link to the page but it didn't work. You'll have to go to Cycle Gear and enter product #613875.

For the price I couldn't pass it up. It had everything I wanted, a map pocket and a place to throw my junk I wanted easy access too. It stayed put during the whole trip with no issues.

A few down sides to the bag are, for one, it's definitely not waterproof. Not that I expected it to be but I got hit by a deluge about 5 miles from home and had some dampness in the bag. Also the strap to hold back the magnet flaps has no where to go when it's on the tank. It's flapping in the wind unless you tuck it under the bag before sticking it to the tank.

That's pretty nit-picky stuff, overall it's a nice bag and hard to beat for $35.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I walked into cyclegear one day and saw this bag. Picked it up and must say I didn't like it. For me it was too light and felt weak. But it sure is roomy :thumbup:
Your right, for $35.00 it's not a bad deal , as long as you know it's not a top of the line bag.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you don't want a magnetic mount their smaller strap mount BILT Basic Tank Bag (#613874) is now just under $20. In fact they had a recent event locally and had them for just $10.

"Bilt" seems to be their House brand. Like mentioned, not top of the line but serves my purposes.

Rick

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andreas - you're right. It is a bit flimsy and has no real reinforcement to keep it's shape. Definitely not top of the line but effective nonetheless.

Rick505 - great tip on the smaller bag.

I agree with you both. If you want a more substantial "tougher" feeling bag look elsewhere. My purposes were to have something I could easily afford and throw on/off the bike easily. This bag fits great for me, YMMV. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts