StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some of these today...

http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/bikevis-led-lights/

I will replace the 2-55w fog lights I had installed on my crash guards. Even though they are incredibly bright, they really added nothing to the existing light from my Wee. So rather than use all the amperage for what are basically visibility lights, I will give these babies a whirl.

Cheers!

·
Registered
174 Posts
installed

Well I got my BikeVis Bullet lights today and installed them.

I am real happy with them. They are small, bright and pull a minuscule amount of power (.02 amps, .25 watts, 60 lumens, 50,000 hour life expediency).

I went with the blue because humans see the blue part of the spectrum best. The also come in white. I think the succeed at making the light triangle that will increase visibility.

I spent about $6 at my local hardware store to make the mounts. These are mounted using where the fork reflectors usually are. Please excuse my mediocre point and shoot photography.

http://www.bikevis.com/

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ordered some of these today...

http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/bikevis-led-lights/

I will replace the 2-55w fog lights I had installed on my crash guards. Even though they are incredibly bright, they really added nothing to the existing light from my Wee. So rather than use all the amperage for what are basically visibility lights, I will give these babies a whirl.
I just put an order in. Come January, I probably buy the Vision X Solstice Solo S1100 2" Square LED Light . There a place in Calgary that has them for $290 for a set willing to ship them out Monday.

Gonna wait on those 'til my B'Day.

RCACS- what do you think of the BikeVis lights? Are they bright in the Snow? We just got roughly a foot here.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mine have not yet arrived....

What place in Cowtown has those other lights?

Cheers

·
Registered
378 Posts
The Place is according the the Vision X website is;

National 4wd Centres - Calgary, AB
803-46 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G 2A5
Toll Free 1-800-575-7500
Local 403-214-2145
Email [email protected]
Website www.national4wd.com

Sent an email last night and got a reply with the cost this morning. Their website doesn't show the Solstice's but more 4x4 products.

When you get the BikeVis Bullets let us know how you mounted them and how you like them. Like I said I ordered a set this afternoon. I have the PC-8
Fuse Block fr Eastern Beaver, so I hope this wil make the set up easy.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Do these lights illuminate your path significantly better or is it mostly for individuality? I couldn't tell much about that from the pic.

You'd be easy to identify at night!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Initailly when I posted "with regards to driving lights" I was hoping to find/hear that someone had done an install using car/truck driving/fog lights. I was trying to be frugal/cheap and use a $20 set from a local parts store. Through a bunch of reading and videos, I found these, BikeVis, lights and even though they are really bright from everything read and seen, they are not driving lights. They are more "SEE ME" lights. For the illuminating the side of the road lights, I will probably go to the Vision X lights for size and illumination. I will post on those when I get them so people can see what they are like. My wife has seen the issues of riding at night with me and she watched the video on the Vision X's and didn't chuff at the practicality of the lights. She was takena aback a bit by the price, but when explained that there are sets out there for $500-1000 she saw the "light".

[URL="http://www.webbikeworld.com/"]http://www.webbikeworld.com/[/URL]did a review of the BikeVis lights if you follow the link. Even on the BikeVis website the photos are decent and many say the photos don't do them justice.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that was pretty quick shipping from the UK. Got them today, ordered 29 Nov.:thumbup:

No time to install as I am knee-deep in basement reno's and there is a ft of snow outside.

cheers

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wow, that was pretty quick shipping from the UK. Got them today, ordered 29 Nov.:thumbup:

No time to install as I am knee-deep in basement reno's and there is a ft of snow outside.

cheers
I hear ya. We got the same snow system that hit you Friday night. I was surprized by how fast overseas shipping is compared to North American postal service. I ordered my Eastern Beaver fuse block and got it within a week, which was faster than the order I put into Twisted Throttle 10 days prior to ordering the fuse block. (3- 31/2 weeks for TT order).

Can't wait to run these things. Are you hardwiring them into the headlight wiring or are you going to run them through the fuse block?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I will use the wiring I installed for the 55 watt fog lights, running thru a relay under the seat. I have a seperate switch mounted for those lights, but with the tiny draw of the BikeVis, no need to switch them off really.

These things are tiny!....

Cheers

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was thinking along the same lines. Want to hook them into the daytime/lowbeams and when I get the other set(Vision X), I may put those on a switch or into the highbeams.

I look forward to getting mine. Now that winter is here, I can't even put my engineguards on because my bike is in a shed and I want the Locktite to work. So, I can look at them for now, get the bash plate primed and painted black and build some more of Heavy's "brighter turn signals".

I don't want to touch anything plastic on the bike right now, it's -30ish with wind chill.

Let us know how easy/difficult it was to hook them up and how you did it. I like the way TRUAX did it. With the lights there, driving lights can still be put up high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone run into any issue with the cops and the blue lights... I know in some areas nothing but white or amber can be on the front of the vehicle and white amber or red on the back...

Are the blue ones really blue.. or more whiteish blue like the headlights on the $50k+ cars seem to always run?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey, I know that these lights are bright and make it so the rider is more visible, but do they add any visiblity for the rider, thanks

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of my BikeVis LED's failed today.

Have emailed the company to see if there is any kind of warranty. Will update the forum when/if I hear back.

To answer the previous question, no they do not add any additional light for actually seeing whats infront of you.

They are mearly for making YOU more conspicious to others.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Let us know the outcome. I'm interested in a set.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Oh, trust me, I like your lights. But I also like to explore the options. Thinking of a set like yours for the forks and the Bikevis for the engine guards. The low draw for these LEDs means I can put lights all over the freakin' place. And its ALL about being seen. ;)

So you didn't like my lights. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Oh, trust me, I like your lights. But I also like to explore the options. Thinking of a set like yours for the forks and the Bikevis for the engine guards. The low draw for these LEDs means I can put lights all over the freakin' place. And its ALL about being seen. ;)
I was just pulling your leg. :)

Since the Electropods failed I have a set of P3 lights already in the mail. Would be nice to mount them this week(end).

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Strange about your Electropods. I've had mine for a few years and no problems.

Where did you get the P3's?

I was just pulling your leg. :)

Since the Electropods failed I have a set of P3 lights already in the mail. Would be nice to mount them this week(end).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts