StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning on riding up for the demo day on Saturday 10/16/10. I am leaving here very early from St Pete, and plan my first stop at the Flying J in Seffner at about 5:30AM. Next planned stop is exit 108 in Debary ( about 6:45) to p/u another inmate. Fuel rest stop then to the speedway.

The plan is to be at the speedway at 7:30/8:00, so (please) be fueled and ready to roll.

Hope to see you there.

Clem

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I going to have a one way conversation since I hate seeing no other posts here. I hope that they have that incredible Te'ne're' there to sniff at. Oh I might sell both bikes for that, not sure why I like it so much. I also like that Tiger 800 coming out as well. I think the 800 is the perfect size. I have my eyes open for that as well. Despite what bike I ride, I am cutting down to one.

If anyone wants a very nice ST 1300, I have one for sale.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Biketoberfest 2010

I’ll be there early in the morning on Saturday looking to sign-up for a demo ride or two. I’ll be taking the back way over and avoiding I-4.

Last year was very sad. Yamaha was the only one doing demo’s and they didn’t even have the portable show room they normally have.

Looks like it will be a little better this year. The vendors listed doing demo’s are: Boss Hoss Cycles, Kawasaki, Spyder and Yamaha. I don’t see Honda or Suzuki listed to even be there.

Hopefully I’ll see you there.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hope to see you there, we rode yamaha, and kawasaki last year, and some even rode the spyder...

there is one bike on my mind this year

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just posted some time changes, please read if your riding along.

thanks.

I am heading for Triumph/BMW first.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Hooked!

It's always a treat to ride with you and the other Stromtroopers, so I will be there. Thank you for changing the first stop to 5:30. I will be able to stay in bed until almost 3:30 before I need to get up and try to achieve consciousness.

Keith

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great to have you along Keith. Yes it is a bit early leaving but we get to ride some of the bikes that new to the market.

I will start at the speedway and end up at BMW for rides there hopefully.

Clem

·
Registered
603 Posts
I am planning on riding up for the demo day on Saturday 10/16/10. I am leaving here very early from St Pete, and plan my first stop at the Flying J in Seffner at about 5:30AM. Next planned stop is exit 108 in Debary ( about 6:45) to p/u another inmate. Fuel rest stop then to the speedway.

The plan is to be at the speedway at 7:30/8:00, so (please) be fueled and ready to roll.

Hope to see you there.

Clem
You guys are killing me with this thread. My NHS (National Honor Society) officers scheduled a club picnic this Saturday and guess where I'll be. Fortunately, they are great kids.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are killing me with this thread. My NHS (National Honor Society) officers scheduled a club picnic this Saturday and guess where I'll be. Fortunately, they are great kids.
we'll miss you my friend, plan the Christmas outing and we will try and be there.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Triumph wins hands down!

The award for the day goes out to the Street Triple 675, wow! After not riding a Triumph for 30 years, I was blown away at the way this bike performed. The thing is on steroids, is super light and responsive when pushed hard. I rode that bike for the engine. The new tiger 800 will use that engine to make the new adv tourer bike they are presenting.

I also got to SEE the super Ten by Yamaha. It looks like an incredible machine, but I will have to reserve judgment till I actually ride it. I am giving some serious thought though.

Thanks for making the ride to Curt ,Keith, Bob.

Harley and Victory were a no show for demo rides. Honda and Suzuki and BMW were absent as well.

Hope to see some of you at the coast to coast next Saturday

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have to work, again. I would be interested in a small fall rally to camp. Prehaps in the Ocala National forest.........
A
Stayed tuned for Greg's apres Christmas extravaganza. Camping is the word little north I think around St Augustine. Be there or be sitting around a tree....

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Christmas outing in St. Augustine???? Sounds grat.

Biketoberfest was a bust as far as I was concerned. It's all moving out to the HD store on the interstate. 2 things I'm really not overly fond of, HD and interstate. We went Saturday and thought it was empty, so to speak, vendor wise.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Jim, Missed you at Biketoberfest.

The rallies have turned into an event to meet with friends, trying out the newest bikes offered, and a ride through the Northern part of the state. I detest riding through Orlando, but in the early morning at 80 it's not so bad.

WE had a great time this year, got to ride with Bob as he has returned from Baghdad, and tried out some great bikes. I am reducing my inventory to one. Not sure what it will be though. I like the way the new Triumph looks. I also like the Super Ten.

Hope to see you next event.
Clem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts