StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am new to your forum, but not new to dual sporting/ adventure riding. I own a small fabrication company (T C I Products/ Turbo City Inc.) and have been producing product for this market for a couple of years now. Most of the stuff has been for the smaller dual sports.

I have developed a new hard case luggage/ pannier system for the DL 1000 and the DL650. It is being developed for a large parts distributor and is going to be very competitively priced.

What I need is, to borrow a DL1000 and a DL650 to do the final fitting of these systems.

I am in the So Ca area PH#714-639-4933 (Orange) [email protected]

I will give a luggage system free to each of the bikes that I use. I will need the bikes for 7-10 days (they are not ridden).

Thanks for your time. Tom

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I suggest re-posting this (or maybe an Admin could move it...) here: http://stromtrooper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56

You'll probably get a better response in the regional forums.

Good luck!

BTW: Keep us posted on progress. And I'm sure you'll get all kinds of advice (whether you want it or not :mrgreen: )

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
My 650 is available.

·
$orry $ucka
476 Posts
Saw your thread over at ADVrider.com and was going to post over here that you had DL1000 stuff fabbed and for sale. Guess I don't have to now! Thanks for making cool stuff. Looking forward to seeing your new products when released.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Tom, I've got a DL1000 you can use.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am new to your forum, but not new to dual sporting/ adventure riding. I own a small fabrication company (T C I Products/ Turbo City Inc.) and have been producing product for this market for a couple of years now. Most of the stuff has been for the smaller dual sports.

I have developed a new hard case luggage/ pannier system for the DL 1000 and the DL650. It is being developed for a large parts distributor and is going to be very competitively priced.

What I need is, to borrow a DL1000 and a DL650 to do the final fitting of these systems.

I am in the So Ca area PH#714-639-4933 (Orange) [email protected]

I will give a luggage system free to each of the bikes that I use. I will need the bikes for 7-10 days (they are not ridden).

Thanks for your time. Tom
cool. i like your denali rack and was seriously considering one a few months back but didn't like the one piece construction. if you just had the sides i'd be on it. but if that design is any indication of what these new hard bags will be like i'll be checking back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool. i like your denali rack and was seriously considering one a few months back but didn't like the one piece construction. if you just had the sides i'd be on it. but if that design is any indication of what these new hard bags will be like i'll be checking back.

Hi,

Here is a "teaser" of the system. This is on a KLR. One of the reasons I need a bike is to get the pictures.

This has the Pelican 1520 cases, but our system will allow other types to be mounted.

They are all quick mounted so the cases come off easily.

and

we have provided plenty of support.

and

These are proto types.

let me know you comments on the systems.

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hi,

Here is a "teaser" of the system. This is on a KLR. One of the reasons I need a bike is to get the pictures.

This has the Pelican 1520 cases, but our system will allow other types to be mounted.

These are proto types.

let me know you comments on the systems.

Thanks Tom
i would seriously consider making sure the OEM luggage rack is still usable or at least make sure that adapter plates for other top case (GIVI, Shad, Hepco Becker, OEM accessory) will be compatible. most of these guys already have top cases and would be put off if they couldn't use what they got.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Looks like they've got these up on the site now http://tciproductsusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=715

1520's "bundled" with the "set", @ ~25.6L each, turn signal relocation required, and it replaces the factory top rack.

I'd love to see it sans-cases (more roll-your-own). 1520's seem small for most people.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showpost.php?p=521082&postcount=418
don't like the 1520 then put 1550s or aluminum or amo cans. the 1520 is good for commuting. 1550s would make it 38" wide. that's not bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OutBack Racks

Hi,

As soon as we have these thru production, I will make the racks available without the cases. That way you will be able to use what ever you have.

The rack alone will be around $300.00

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hi,

As soon as we have these thru production, I will make the racks available without the cases. That way you will be able to use what ever you have.

The rack alone will be around $300.00

Thanks Tom
tom,
on another thread (http://www.stromtrooper.com/showpost.php?p=524844&postcount=10) someone asked if the 650 rack is symetrical. you know, is the 650 rack designed as if there were exhaust pipe on the left? the 650 guys like to use that empty area for additional storage tubes and stuff.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Just noticed this post. I'm in Costa Mesa with a DL1000 if you are still in need of one.

TomT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts