StromTrooper banner

BikeMaster heated grip covers?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  TXTrooper14! 
#1 ·
Santa brought me a set of these...reviews I've read are mixed. Anyone here try them? I doubt they are as good as the Oxfords, and not really looking for comments from those that haven't used them.

#2 · (Edited)
I use these, if this is what you’re referring to. They work good, about 1/8” diameter larger than stock grips, and about 1/8” diameter smaller than koso heated grips. https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Heated-Grips-LCD-Switch/dp/B00NYBZ4CQ

Edit, just looked up those covers. I wouldn’t install those. The benefit to having heated grips is that they are always there, waiting to be turned on when you need them. I can’t imagine ever having the desire to install/remove the covers from time to time. Plus if they loosen up on the throttle that could be dangerous.

Edit again: you specifically said you weren’t looking for my comments, so never mind.

#10 ·
I finally got around to putting these on. Installation was a breeze. I have only tested them in the garage, but they get warm...can't say they got hot, but I'll hold final opinion till I can give them a proper test.

#13 ·
I had a set of Warm Wraps, same as Bike Master except they velcroed on, never had a problem with slippage. Mine were more than warm enough, even hot at times. Worked as well in the wet, thought I'd bag wrap the on-off switch. I liked them as i could switch them to other bikes as needed. I had them for several years. Two downsides is only an on-off switch, no low or high. And don't forget to turn them off if they draw direct from the battery. I now have a set of Oxford wraps. Not installed yet, next winter's job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.