StromTrooper banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When you turn on the ignition (but not yet pressing the starter button) with the bike in neutral do you hear the pump running for a few seconds?

If the answer is no here is something to check: I have never looked for it but think there is a fuel pump fuse. Have you checked if the fuse is okay?

..Tom

Checked the fuse, fuse is good, checked the line to the fuel pump, it’s getting energIzed, but the pump makes no sound when turning ignition on
I ordered a pump today for pretty cheap, hopefully that’ll do the trick

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Since you are going to have to drain the tank anyway, I suggest that you first test the existing pump, by connecting power directly to the pump and listen if the pump tries to run. A few seconds of testing the pump outside of the tank will not be a problem. Hopefully it is just the low pressure filter (part #2) that is blocked. See fuel pump parts list https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/suz/506b5d24f8700235b8767fd0/fuel-pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Put a meter on the fuel pump connector and see if it's getting 12v
Did that, it’s getting the voltage it needs, the only thing that’s not happening is the pump, gunna have a new pump here Friday that I can return if I don’t need, but gunna take it all apart and see if I can get it running and swap me out if I can’t

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Reversing the wires on a pump and running it backwards for a bit will often get things going for a while.

The problem with that is you could be dealing with raw fuel and sparks, if you don't know what you are doing it could be a disaster.

Reactions: Gert

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Okay, so update****

I bought a cheap chinese fuel pump (mistake) and it didn't do anything. So I went and picked up a Quantum brand replacement pump at the local bike shop, I put the assembly together, I turned the key, I can hear the pump turning on, but still no fuel. I talked to the shop mech and said it might be the pressure regulator, so I ordered that and it should be here this week. It's getting the right voltage (12v) and is turning on like its sposed to, just not actually sending fuel through the system. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Alright everyone. Now is the time I get to show some dumb...

After installing a cheap Chinese fuel pump, then buying a quantum systems fuel pump, and then a pressure regulator, I have found what was wrong.

The fuel pump was in fact dead, but when I switched out the pumps, I switched the leads and had positive to negative and negative to positive... the pump was running backwards, which is why I wasn't getting any fuel...Thanks for all of your input!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts